What's new

Would anyone on here like a guide for fitting RLTC?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I've had this installed in my old S14 and got it fitted to the S15 today.

The manual didn't seem to have the correct plug diagram and shows the ABS brain as being in the boot instead of beside the ECU. Got there in the end.

If it's something the club is interested in I'll sort a guide out :)

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Okay then, this will cover the connections to the ecu and abs mainly as that's specific bit. The manual is pretty good to be honest :)

So, you need to locate the engine ecu and abs ecu, luckily they are side by side in the passenger footwell as below. I tucked my RLTC ecu under the carpet, it lasted over 6 years down there in the S14 so it will be fine :)

Starting with the ABS you need to connect onto the wheel speed signal wires. The S15 has 2 at the front and 1 on the rear diff, therefore you have to join 2 RLTC wires onto one car wire.

You want the black plug with more pins and smaller sized cables. On the RLTC you need to join together the green and yellow wires for the rear signals. These both need to be connected to the white/green wire. The red RLTC wire needs to be connected to the pink/blue and the blue needs connecting to the pink. These are just piggybacked on, no cutting required.

On the main ecu loom you need to tap into the 12v ign source. The large red cable from the rltc needs connecting onto the black/white cable as below.

The rltc revs white/black wire needs to connecting to the blue/orange as below

The earth already has a ring terminal so can be added to the existing location

The last connections are for the injectors. You need to cut the ecu wires, the ends left on the plug connect to the single colour wires from the RLTC, the engine side of the loom connects to the colour with black tracer from the RLTC.

So, from the RLTC.

Red goes to white/black
Orange to blue/red
Grey to green
Green to blue/black

That's all the main connections done. I have the original unit without the new digital controller. Other cables from the unit include an LED indicator which shows it's picking up a speed signal and the serial connection for your laptop. The basic controller is pre-wired and just needs to be plonked somewhere you can reach it. I stripped mine apart and put it into the steering column surround.

Does any of that make sense :D :D :D

I'll post some settings for the unit later :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Its awesome, got it in my car. Mainly fitted as a safety feature as Im a mong. I ended up paying for it to be fitted because I couldn't.

Beware of following the info in the manual too religiously. As the mechanic put it 'theres only one thing worse than no information, and thats the wrong information.'