What's new

S14a/S15 engine loom differences

drifter

Reaction score
Country
In the near future I will be transplanting my APT built SR into my new S15.

I know the coil packs are different, does that mean I need to swap the rocker cover as well?

Are there any other things that need to be swapped. If there's loads would it be easier to just install the S14a loom as well as the engine?

The Ecu will be a PowerFC which is already the S15 version so that should just plug in to the existing connector.

Cheers :thumbs:

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Okay, had a quick google and it seems the Coils/rocker cover/CAS are different so I'll check that tonight.

If anyone thinsk of something else please let me know :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Hey bud, the only difference of the two engines will be coils/rocker cover (don't know about cas)/turbo (not that much of a difference) and the ecu itself. There maybe other bits inside the engine that nissan decided to beef up themselves, but i haven't had the chance to take a look. Basically this means you can run an S15 engine with a S14a ecu with minor modification and vise-versa, engine plugs seem the same to me of all parts.

Reaction score
Website
www.driftworks.com
Country
Use the s15 loom. Everything apart from the coilpacks will fit, but that's down to the rocker cover. Everything else plugs in. The cas, tps, knock sensor and coilpack set ups are different, but not enough to be a problem. I know a man with an S15 rocker cover if you are despratley stuck for one.

Reaction score
Website
www.driftworks.com
Country
Oh, you will need to adjust the tps signal. Use a multimeter to check it puts out a constant 5v signal to the ecu on closed throttle on idle. Adjust using the two grub screws on the side. Then check it on the PFC commander :)

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the replies :)

I found the pinouts and did a quick comparison. As suggested above I will keep the S15 loom, coils and rocker cover and it should work. The PowerFC is the S15 version so it should be fine, I had to repin the S14a loom to suit, but it should be straight plug in for the S15.

Mitto, what's the score on the TPS, is it easier to just use the TPS off the S15 engine?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Cheers, the engine in the S15 has a Greddy plenum so I'll swap the lot :)