What's new

"original" boost gauge +1 bar

H

Hank S15

Hi All!

I`m really loving the S15 and all... but I have a small question.
There is offcourse the nice standard boost gauge installed in the car... but it doenst go further then 1 bar!

I can swap it for a aftermarket boost gauge.. but the orginal one looks so nice with the odometer!
Does Nismo or other company make a boostgauge for the S15 that goes further then 1 bar and looks the same as the orginal one?

Greetz,
Hank

K

kieran

yep, 52mm will slot straight in or 60mm will go in but i cant remember if you have to play with it or not? lol

H

Hank S15

Yeah I know... but I mean something else (Probably my crappy English doenst explain my point well)

I mean does Nismo or another company make a boostgauge that looks the same as the orginal one that goes beyond 1 bar but looks the same so it matches with the odometer.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You can find gauges which match the silver of the dash dials, however, they won't match at night. I chose to go for the amber Defi BFs. One in the pillar pod, another in a vent. 60mm will fit in both, but the inside of the pod front cover needs shaving back about 1mm with a Dremmel.

Also, you've got to remember that the standard boost gauge is electronic and nearly all aftermarket boost gauges are mechanical.

H

Hank S15

That does look the business!

But 250USD for that gauge... oh dear :(

S

S15R

you can replace the stock boost gauge to any 60mm aftermarket gauge and all you need is to grind from 52mm to 59mm
59mm will hold the 60mm gauge tight!

or you can place the gauge behind the cap like nicely's

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hank S15 said:
That does look the business!

But 250USD for that gauge... oh dear :(
138 euro from nengun :thumbs:
Need to add shipping and stuff though.

Edit: Things that differ the Greddy silver gauge from the stock one is that the Greddys lighting is a tiny bit more red, and the center thingie is silver. The stock center thingie is black.

D

dns15

in addition the greddy one that nicely post up has the memory and boost warnning function that works alone without needing a controller
unlike apexi or defi
i reckon its pretty good, even better if can source a second hand ..
comes in silver and black too
*pic stolen from serions14 in snz*

but then again there always made in tw or hk accessories u can look around(prolly easy to get access to from u as well) but accurate wise i dunno i never try them

D

Derek

This is mine, I like not over the top. Looks close to standard. Plus it goes to 2 bar.

D

Derek

This is my other one.. Nicely your a bad influence... ;)

Oh i just looked i have factory HID button. I was always curious to know what ye all got Hid conversion for. I knew no different.

H

Hank S15

Sweet, just ordered a Blitz I-Color! How do you like it?
Also where did you fit it on the dash?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Derek said:
This is my other one.. Nicely your a bad influence... ;)

Oh i just looked i have factory HID button. I was always curious to know what ye all got Hid conversion for. I knew no different.
Lol. Mine isn't as flash, but does exactly the same but more cheaply :p

Not sure all cars with the height adjuster actually had HIDs. Was definitely an option though. If you've got HIDs you should know it. If you haven't, you should also know. You'll see bugger-all at night...

D

Derek

Sweet, just ordered a Blitz I-Color! How do you like it?
Also where did you fit it on the dash?

I'll show u lol

Not sure all cars with the height adjuster actually had HIDs. Was definitely an option though. If you've got HIDs you should know it. If you haven't, you should also know. You'll see bugger-all at night...
I have Hid.. They Come on slowly with the gas. I thought everyone had them.. I've good light..[