What's new

Bulb specs and types

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Red 921 LED bulb

I bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RED-...ryZ33713QQihZ018QQitemZ280245712386QQtcZphoto

They are from the states and took about a week to arrive... Like Nicely says they are not quite as bright (I think) as a standard 921 bulb painted red, but i think it will pass for an MOT.. :D

Although thinking about it now these may be better for directed light
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPE...ryZ33713QQihZ018QQitemZ280249742370QQtcZphoto

No probs with fitment or anything either.. :thumbs:

Als

Sorry to be a pain but I have one reverse light and one fog on the back of my S15, since I changed the tail lights I need to get a red bulb [ 921 (18W) ] for the fog as the lense surrounding it is now clear. Where can these be got? I've tried all my local motor factors & halfords etc with no luck...

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks lads, I can get red led style bulbs in the 501 size which will work but won't be anywhere near bright enough. I had considered painting it but the bulb gets so ridiculously hot I didn't think it'd be safe.

Thanks Als, what tail lights are you using those on and have you got any pics? My tail lights are the Origin style ones so that bulb would really look out of place with the others. I might get the second ones you posted though for the reverse, fog and indicator so at least they'll match...

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Yeah I think they'll stand out a mile in mine, this is what I've got:

BTW; Great looking S15 Als. Thats exactly what I pictured when I wanted to get one, my perfect S15 is same colour & kit but with a sunroof & different alloys

S

StarletRick

ill let you know how they get on and take a few pics etc.

could bring more sets in. ive always either got a crate of stuff on the way over, or one filling up in japan. so it wont take long to get them here.

they were only about 80 quid aswell ^^

heres some more pics. check how precise/bright they are on the close up pic, almost looks fake.... i think they'll be a winner.

Last edited:
J

JayP

Where can I buy OEM HID bulb low beam ?
Are there any other nissan models that came with the same HID Bulb ?

J

JayP

Where can I buy OEM D2R ballast ?
Or can I fit any aftermarket ballast to the D2R bulb ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Unless you have very deep pockets, you'd be stupid to buy them from Nissan. A D2R bulb is a D2R bulb, just like a H1 is a H1. You only need to establish the colour temperature of the bulb. I should be about 4300k. However, as you should buy a pair and therefore replace both existing bulbs, that's fairly irrelevant. :)

J

JayP

Unless you have very deep pockets, you'd be stupid to buy them from Nissan. A D2R bulb is a D2R bulb, just like a H1 is a H1. You only need to establish the colour temperature of the bulb. I should be about 4300k. However, as you should buy a pair and therefore replace both existing bulbs, that's fairly irrelevant. :)
Actually I already have a OEM D2R bulb, but there seems to be another problem, the ballast is broken. Now I saw that the sell them on visionbulbs.com. But if any other ballast can to the work, than I can get cheaper and faster, I would only need to modify the connectors (plug). Is that possible ?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
sorry if this has came up before guys see fitting a HID kit to our cars cause they have Xenon lights do you still need to fit a full kit or can u get away with just changing the bulbs, sorry total noob question :wack:

Reaction score
I have never had any front sidelight LEDs last more than a few months, regardless of claims to withstand the heat from main beams...

You ideally need a more advance setup in the headlights :nod: Stay posted... ;)
I've waited more than a year. Any updates? :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Do a search for Clearcorners and my name... ;)

Allan, if you had factor fit xenons, you just need to replace BOTH D2R bulbs. Never replace just one.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
cheers nicely :thumbs: not sure if its got xenons cause of the projector style headlights but the bulb is lot more yellow than my civic was with just standard bulbs so think it might not have them
H1 in that case ?