What's new

Greddy e manage ultimate on turbo'ed spec-S

Reaction score
Country
Hi all!

Felt my "hybrid" s15 needed some better electronic control over the engine.

It's a turbo'ed spec-S with an apexi afc neo 3 as engine controller

So I decided to go for a greddy e-manage ultimate with an aem uego wideband to speed up tuning with an a/f ratio target map and a z32 maf (all ot them already bought and home)

now I'm thinking about buying a spec-R ecu to complete, but I'm not that sure about it, since I'd have to convert from distributor to coilpacks and I'm not 100% sure about what parts are needed.

Is it better than the spec-S ecu, or would it give problems with other electronic devices on the car?
i.e. Would it be helpful, or it would just be a waste of money?

Any opinion, suggestion, part list, insult
would be helpful and appreciated

thanks guys

S

S15 SILVIA

Surely the factory spec s ecu will be fine with the e-manage doing all the piggy back stuff?
Don't see why you'd need the spec r ecu, surely it would be wasting money and time?
Mike

Reaction score
Country
dunno mate, was thinking spec-R ecu already controls individual coils, maybe would be a bit too much work on the emanage if i dont use the spec-R?
just a thought, maybe I'm completely wrong.

anyway, what would I need except coils and cas?

S

S15 SILVIA

Not sure how many individual settings the e-manage can control, but would surely manage your mods?
Might need other sensors or looms adding, but I may be wrong.
Might be fiddly getting hold of spec r stuff and altering and fitting em?
Don't really know mate.

Steve at fc tuning will surely no more on this sort of stuff.

Reaction score
Country
I'll go make a deeper search on the net , looking for fc tuning or some1 tht already made a full det conversion.thanks mate :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
So, in the end I went down the converting road and I'm about to buy an s15 specR ecu to provide better support to individual coilpacks and cas, before installing and mapping the e-manage

I see there are different ecu codes for s15 sr20det MT; I'd particularly like to know the difference about QT and NQ codes, if there is any

Reaction score
Country
update.
I managed to get a s15 specR ecu, cas, coils and complete engine harness.
I also have an AEM UEGO wideband gauge which has a 0-5V analog output (to be fed to the EMU analog input port).
Now the hard part.
The EMU software has an I/J size correction feature with a before/after correction table.
It requires me to input the stock s15 injectors size- 444cc (the software shows 480cc ?? ), and lag time- how much is it?

also I'm not sure what size/brand of injectors to choose for my setup.
I'm aiming at 320-330 hp (mainly not to be too hard on the 6-spd gearbox) with a td06sl2 18g, fmic, fpr, z32 maf, electronic bc, full 3in. exhaust; are 555 enough or should I go bigger for further power increasing in the future?
I know nismos are the best you can get, but they're kinda expensive for me at the moment, and I don't feel like waiting too much.
Also Deatschwerks seems a good choice and at a lower price, tho I've seen different opinions on them, some saying they're complete junk, some others saying they're as good as nismos/hks.
What do you guys recommend?

Reaction score
Country
Did a bit more searching and it seems that stock specR 480cc injectors can reach 300-320 hp with fuel pressure at 4 bar and 80%-ish duty cycle?