What's new

Driver side door lock and window problem

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

Im encountring problems with my JDM spec S15 spec R drivers side switches

1) Power window - switch wont move window. Switch has clicking noise, as does the regulator (regulator becomes warm when switch is activated) but the window wont go up. Passenger side works fine.

2) Power door lock switch will only work for passenger side. Relay clicks..

Please help a.s.a.p.. its rainy season and the driver side window isnt up :S

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
sounds like your window motor could be jammed. As for your door lock, the solenoid may be dead.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it.

Reaction score
Country
I do have a multimeter but am having trouble getting the connector out for the door solenoid. Its not much of a concern for me right now as im concentrating on the window motor. thought is was faulty wiring, but since current seems to flow to the motor, looks like id have to take that out for the time being.

how to unjam a jammed motor? hmmmm

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I would disconnect the motor and check for the right voltages at the plug. It is more likely the motor than the wiring. Check the window is attached to the rail properly, if one of the bolts has come out or is loose the window could be binding up.

Reaction score
Country
i didnt get to check the voltage :S oopsie.. i tried removing all the motor bolts as to free the motor. It slides back and forth on the rails. But i guess its the gears that are jammed. Sending it to the shop tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix it. Im kinda concerned on spares now though.