What's new

S15 H1 Direct Fit HID kit! yipeee!

K

kababaka

I remember a while ago reading a thread about aftermarket H1 HID bulbs being too long to fit correctly into the normal S15 headlight. I sent my boyfriend on a mission to find a kit that would fit. Which he has! :D I thought i'd see if anyone else fancied getting hold of one of the kits - he can get a few more sets brought over (just short of 100 quid inc delivery. )

This isn't a for sale thread, just figured i'd try to help some of you out as the bulbs are a pain to get hold of! :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It's not that they wouldn't fit, from memory, it was the fact that it changes the focal length to the reflector and the standard headlights are not optimised for the different beam patterns of the HID bulbs.

Got any more details on the kit?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
My last S15 had a kit fitted too with no problems.. Have you got a link to the ones you are using?

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
mine were HID stock :p

but i changed the bulbs the other week for a different kalvin (fancied a diff colour) and they fitted fine H1 also

K

kababaka

ah OK! No worries then!
Not sure what he's done with the box from them...I'll put some more info up shortly:thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It would be interesting to get a set of factory HID and non-HID headlights side by side to see what the actual difference is.