What's new

Air Bag Light Flashing???

R

Rosscoss

I have an after market steering wheel fitted and has been on the car for ages. Now out of the blue i have an Air Bag light flashing! Anyone know why this could be? How do i fix it? Would it be a loose connection? :thumbs:

Reaction score
Experience in the car trade taught me to check the seatbelt pre-tensioner connections under the seats. not sure if the S15 has them not checked on mine. lol. But often if the seat has been moved a lot it works loose and throws up a warning as they are linked to the airbag. worth a try sorted many airbag light gremlins this way.

Reaction score
I had the correct resistor fitting and used to get this out of the blue as well. There's an airbag reset sequence somewhere on the forum (do a search), but even once I had done that it would come back randomly. I ended up desoldering the light out of the cluster.

Reaction score
Country
I really wish it was legal to change the steering wheel here in Australia. I get pinged for so much stuff driving my S15 around on the streets... Too low, too noisey, wheels hanging out of the guards, no mod plate for my two fixed back bride seats... I'd absolutly LOVE to rock a Nardi steering wheel in my car... I guess the fact that I know if I run into some trouble and have to claim insurance, I won't be declined...

OT: This happens to my mates S15 which is a track car (not street registered), he has changed the steering wheel... Everytime the light pops up, he just disconnects the battery and leaves it off for 5 minutes and it resets it :)

R

Rosscoss

try resetting the airbag systems i had the same problem and this sorted it.

Here's the process to reset the air bag light.

Open driver door
Get in
Shut door
Turn ignition to the on position (all the way, but not to start car)
Open door
Reach down with your left hand
Press the door ajar sensor button thing (7) times
Shut door
Start your car.....
This should reset the airbag lamp.

Where is the button that you reach down with your left had too? I cant find a button anywhere!! The only button i can find it the one that senses when the door is open! You reach down with your right hand if your sat in the driver seat! Can anyone tell me where this button is please? :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Press the door ajar button (which senses when the door is open) with whichever hand you like, it won't affect the outcome!! ;)

R

Rosscoss

Yeah i have tried this but no difference! Light is still flashing! Any one know any other ideas? :thumbs: