What's new

just discovered i have the built in sat nav :D

Reaction score
Country
i posted a thread asking what the center of the dash was for and was told it was the the built in option extra satnav and me and a mate was looking around it and seen from opening it that the satnav is in there which im aware like the sun roof is very rare but i have no idea how to make it pop up and turn on.

anyone have any idea how it works?

S

S15 SILVIA

Think you will need the factory nav head unit to operate it, and get the panel to lift up with the screen.
The nav won't work in this country tho, but the flip out screen section is quite smart.
To open it without the headunit, you would need to try and power up the screen motor some how to open it, or maybe manually pull it open, of push it from under the dash?
Mike

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I was trying to get more infor on the sat nav, but haven't been able to get much. I have a wiring diagram for it but it is in japenese. I think one of the guys on here was having it translated.

Reaction score
Country
yee i can get the panel open but the sat nav wont budge without any power to it.any idea where the wiring is for it?my mate is quite good with electrics and im sure he would come up with a idea to get it working somehow.even if it doesnt work because its in jap would stil be cool to see it :D

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
no worries, pm me your email and I will send it to you.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
sorry for the late reply, sending file now. I will see if I can find the rest of the stuff as well

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Any joy on this? I too have it and the OEM single din tv/satnav control unit but it has no power to it as pushing the on button does sweet fa! If I take it out will
I be able to plug in and play lol?

damnthing

Reaction score
i have it as well...it looks really sweet when it opens, unfortunately one fine day the head unit decided to call it quits...so i have this cool screen in my dash for the past 3 years now and am thinking how in the world am i going to power it to open...would be a cool place to a few meters :wave:

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Played around with mine and managed to get this lol!

And then found I had this in the unit when it decided to work....

Reaction score
I want one of those dashboards... If any of you wish to fit a standard dash let me know I will swap..

Reaction score
Country
I'd also be interested in swapping my standard dash for a sat nav one, pm me with price if anyones interested who has one

Reaction score
Website
forum.nissansilvia.ru
Country
Why don't you buy it on japanese auc? These panels are sold mainly for 300 usd, withount control unit, but it can be bought ibid for additional 30 usd.

Last edited:

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Depends what you'd be wanting an condition etc?
Need to come up with a price and it's mint really, same as full dash no real marks on it at all and would come with control unit, disk and speakers/cabling.
But don't no what to price it at tbh. May just see who offers the most as loads of interest in it.