What's new

deal on a powerfc d-jetro unit

Reaction score
Country
Guys, i'm getting a VERY sweet deal on a power fc d-jetro unit with all the bits needed to be able to run it (map, intake temp., controller...) and would like to know what you guys think about it. Basically, i have all the breathing mods (fmic, intake, complete exhaust, manifold, 550cc inj, stock turbo, walbro fp) and i'm thinking on going to a gt2871r in the future. I'm planning on having no more than 360 whp or so (maybe close to 400, but definitely no more than that :rolleyes:). I've read some where around here that MAF setup is more precise for low hp application than MAP setup, so would i loose something going to MAP setup on my car? What do you guys think about the offer? i think is a pretty sweet deal but my car is daily driven and nistune is not used where i live.:down:

Reaction score
I am looking to get the exact same thing still dredging the net for a good deal so if you do go for it and don't mind passing on the contact info of your supplier it would be apprechiated...I'm not looking to go as high on the BHP as you but looking for complete control of my motor. I have exhaust intake inter-cooler upgrades and want to make the most of them. I will be happy with 300-320 bhp.
I used to work for enginetuner.co.uk in Plymouth Devon. And Martyn there has good experience with the SR20 DET and Apexi Power FC. So hoping to get the desired result.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
just make sure its for a S15 if its coming from the states if its for a s14a you will need to re-pin the ECU - you can get the wiring diagrams off sxoc.com though :)

Reaction score
I'd like to know why the map version would be less precise than a maf version, I would have expected it to be the other way around regardless of the power output.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I'd like to know why the map version would be less precise than a maf version, I would have expected it to be the other way around regardless of the power output.
x2

As long as you have a good tuner there shouldn't be an issue. Tons of stock cars use a MAP sensor instead of MAF. I'd gladly trade my PFC w/ Z32 MAF for a D-jetro setup.

Reaction score
Country
From what i've read here and on other forums, the MAF measures the amount of air in directly, in which MAP only read the total absolute pressure of the air, hence why it also includes a intake temp. sensor. So if you make changes, like porting, free flow exhaust, supposedly a MAF will be able to cope with it, while on MAP you will need to make remap... again, this is what I've read, so don't know much about it. Maybe the word "precise" was bad used... lets say, harder to tune maybe?

Reaction score
The map sensor can cope with vent to atmosphere blow off valves and the "pigeon" mod where the maf sensor will most likely throw its toys out the pram, this is from experience with a fully forged 300+bhp ca18 with z32 maf and power fc mapped by a VERY reputable tuner.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the link bud!.. my conclusion is that, if you are going to achieve big hp numbers (+500) then a d-jetro will make sense money wise, because the l-jetro works just fine for under that, of course there are other positive characteristic for going either d-jetro (no problem with bov, better idleing, etc,) or l-jetro (stay with your maf, easier to tune, etc.) In my specific case, i'm getting the d-jetro because is a very good deal i'm getting and won't have to worry about the bov anymore =P... cheers!