What's new

Heaters are not working

Reaction score
Country
Hey when I turn the heat up there's no heat coming out of the fans.
The A/C works, the auto button works, the fan levels work but no hot air.

This would happen in the winter!

When I first got the car it did work. Or does it just take ages to for the heat to come out of the fan.

Does anyone know what's the problem?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
^^ Good point. I'd guess it can only be 1 of 3 things.

1. Hearer control unit
2. The motor that controls the hot/cold selection
3. Very low coolant/air trap as Yakozan said - (could be caused by many things, most likely cracked turbo coolant pipe)

Reaction score
Country
Last thing I did on me car was an engine flush.
I will check the other options tho Craig.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It's probably the coolant one if you just flused it. Did you bleed the system with the screw on the thermostat housing?

J

Jamesygsi

Sometimes its a indication that your head gasket is on the way out or your heater matrix is in trouble.

Reaction score
Country
Well i will check everything over the weekend.
Hope its not the head gasket! I will report back in the next few days.

Reaction score
Probably as peeps have pointed out theres air left within your water system. otherwise it might be the motor that opens the "hot flap" on the heater matrix. can be found up under the dash on the passanger side behind glove box.

Reaction score
Country
Well I sort of checked the heater matrix today and it is just cold. I just think it's failed at the perfect moment.
Heh I did phone up jap performance and they quoted me £50 bills for a another heater matrix.
Before I buy it I think I drop my car in the garage. Hope he can find the problem lol.

Reaction score
Country
Problem solved! The solenoid was covered in 'grot' according to my mechanic. He gave it a clean and chanced moving the flap mechanism about & it worked! Also found out my thermostat was about to go so had that changed at the same time.

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Country
Problem solved! The solenoid was covered in 'grot' according to my mechanic. He gave it a clean and chanced moving the flap mechanism about & it worked! Also found out my thermostat was about to go so had that changed at the same time.
Hey dude, I've got this same issue. Which/where is the solenoid you're on about? Do you mean the blower motor relay passenger footwell/A-pillar location?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Hey dude, I've got this same issue. Which/where is the solenoid you're on about? Do you mean the blower motor relay passenger footwell/A-pillar location?
Hey mate

wow this was time ago! Was on my old spec s this happened. I can't remember too be honest. Was a few years back.
Yeah just make sure everything is all clean. Think It was just the thermostat which failed..