What's new

HKS FCON IS vs APEXi Power FC vs Greddy Emanage Ultimate

DOM

Reaction score
yes Greg does do nistune.

He did a good job tuning my haltech, I would thoroughly recommend him. Probably best speak to him 1st as he's a busy chap.

DOM

Reaction score
From 1st hand experience I can confirm that the haltech is far superior to the emanage ultimate (EMU). I had the same tuner, Greg (Pro-tuner) who dynotuned my EMU and Haltech so I can rule out one of the major factors of tuning an ecu , i.e. the tuner.

The emanage ultimate was okay (not great), conversely the haltech is much better in every respect. Haltech's 32 x32 mapping versus EMU's 16 x 16 translates to a more accomplished tune.

Looking at the a/f meter the car is not running as rich. The car responses well throughout the RPM range. Idles well etc..

So buying an ecu has been a definite case for me ‘you get what you pay for’. Find out who can tune your car before you buy an ecu, as the tuner plays an pivotal part of the process.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ +1

Find a tuner first that you're happy to use then simply check whether he's familiar with the engine and what options are available... then go from there! :)