What's new

headlight brightness

M

m4rk181983

i would like to know how bright is everyone elses headlights in the dark mine is very poor. is there any other bulbs which is brighter??

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
they're not the best in the world at all, you can get hid conversions if you spek to someone like apex performance, but i wouldn't know what bulb specs you'd need....

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Before you do anything else get the headlights lined up properly in dipped and main beam. They aren't bad headlights at all I don't think, but you have to get them lined up properly. Take it to somewhere that does MOT's as they have the kit to do it for you. Then i would get better bulbs or a 4300k HID kit. The optional standard HID setup is worth having but the headlights cost a bomb!

Bulb specs are in the useful threads.

M

m4rk181983

yeh i was looking to buy brighter bulbs. the visibility in the dark where there are no street lights is very poor. mine is like purple green colour. i take a pic and show u guys

Reaction score
Country
Get a set of 50w hids from hids-direct. 6000k colour and you'll be sorted pal :nod:

The low beams are H1 and high beams are HB3 but tbh, you'll only need the low beam kit.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
50w HID's would be bloody bright! If you want pure white bulbs then go for 4300k. 6000k have a blue tint to them. If you do get HID's definately get your headlights aligned first!!!

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
could it be that you also need to clean up the headlamps themselves. If they have a smokey look to them then you could try taking them off and give them a good clean with an orbital polisher..

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
One thing I found is that the S15 headlights seem to be aimed low. As Craig said, get the alignment checked. I ended up adjusting my headlights up about 4 clicks and it made the world of difference.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I did mine myself agaings the garage doors and a few test drives. They are perfect now though but after seeing my mate adjust another cars beam on a proper rig, it would have been so much easier to have let him do it. Literally 5 mins work and perfect results.