What's new

factory cd/cassette player removal

Reaction score
Country
hi

im looking into getting a few subs on the go as the standard non base music is getting abit boring now haha.

i just wondered if anyone knew how to remove the factory cd/cassette player as i would like to see if i can link my subs up to this unit or if i have to buy something else.

help appreciated :)

T

Toby

Get a screw driver, and gently prise the whole aircon / hazz button / cd player surround out - this just clips in.

This will then show 4 screws that hold the cage the headunit bolts into. - Remove those and just oull it out!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm pretty sure there are two screws you need to undo in front of the gear lever.
The plastic bit around the lever with the gaitor attached to it pops out. Then you should see the two screws. After they're gone, the rest should pop out.
It was some years ago I did this, so I might have it confused with some other car model.But I'm pretty sure there was two screws there.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
As above mate you need to remove the 2 screw before the front of the console will lift/pop out. I had the whole lot out mid week was supprised how easy it was.

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Ditto above

don't have all the images but i pulled mine off recently to do some work,

unbutton the gear stick gator
Lift the gator over the gear knob
Pull the trim with the Gear layout symbol on it
unscrew the two screws holding the trim ( in front of the gear stick shown in the pic)
Lift the trim near the radio first to unclip it and then lift upwards and outwards, drop it towards the passenger side were all the spare cable is
to get the main radio frame out you need to unscrew the air con and remove ( dont worry about unplugging it, it can happily hang in the drivers footwell)
remove the final two screws and the cage will be able to be pulled out
5 min job once you've done it once

soz about the glare too sunny at the time.

BTW im pretty saw the radio was basic for input/output, without checking i think it only had the normal speaker plugs on the back and aerial. Maybe even a connection for a multichanger but im unsure

Last edited: