What's new

defi boost gauge

M

m4rk181983

im going to swap my oem boost gauge to a defi one. i would just like to know is it a straight swap and do i need the commander??
thanks
mark

Reaction score
Country
Depends on the model gauge. If we are talking about the "racer" series then no. Anything else and you will need the commander unit.

Reaction score
most defi models now require a control unit, older models such as the link/bf are now discontinued.

you will need to re-wire it anyway for power/boost sensor/vacuum input as the defi will be different to the standard gauge

depending on size, the oem cup will only hold 52mm, you will need to shave it to squeeze a 60mm in.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I've got the 60mm BF boost gauge as a stand alone unit but wired to the Defi Control Unit 2.

If you're planning on wanting more than just boost info then I'd definitely recommend the Defi Link System. Buy the Control Unit and you can plug in all sensors so it keeps everything so tidy and easy to install etc :)

I've got oil temp and pressure sender units wired to the Control Unit. This outputs to the Display Unit (more expensive item from Defi). When I installed the boost gauge all I had to do was to input the sender for boost into the Control Unit and then 'dasiy chain' the display from the Display Unit to the 60mm boost gauge. Simple :thumbs: