What's new

Any ideas what this is...

A

Al3c

Hey guys,

My 15 turned up with a Pioneer Carrozzeria ZH990MD stereo.

Well, it doesn't seem to work. Wont even turn on or open...etc.

Decided to have a look at it today and came across a few things that puzzled me.

Main one being this...

Any ideas what this is?

Its located in the passenger foot well.

Cheers,
Al

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looks like it could be a tv tuner to me mate,does it have 4 wires running out of an antenna socket??? Only thing I can think of ......

A

Al3c

Looks like it could be a tv tuner to me mate,does it have 4 wires running out of an antenna socket??? Only thing I can think of ......
Hmmm, could be.

The stereo does seem to do everything! Just cant seem to get the bloody thing working! :annoyed:

The brown cable coming from that box goes behind the stereo and has a constant 12V supply but is not connected to anything! The cable has a normal ring connector on the end but was left, uninsulated, not connected to anything.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hmm sounds. A bit odd to me shame your so far away otherwise I would sort it for ya! Is everything behind the dash connected properly? I know you don't get a pic on the screen unless the handbreak is on,or you can get round it earthing it. Is there any power. And lights coming on etc??if not try to start at the begiNning check fuse box,in line fuze etc....

A

Al3c

Hmm sounds. A bit odd to me shame your so far away otherwise I would sort it for ya! Is everything behind the dash connected properly? I know you don't get a pic on the screen unless the handbreak is on,or you can get round it earthing it. Is there any power. And lights coming on etc??if not try to start at the begiNning check fuse box,in line fuze etc....
Yeah, tis a bit odd.

The only thing that happens is when you turn the ignition on, you can hear the fan coming on. Other than that, nothing! Tried pressing all the buttons, again nothing.

Checked all the wires/fuses and everything seems ok. Checked that there is 12V on all the correct wires and checked the earthing points were ok.

The biggest problem at the moment is that all the instructions I can find for it are in Japanese!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Have you tried google? I know that if you put in your model number,then google It should be able to get instructions up and translate jap to english.... As I said when fittin system the main prob I had when they were'nt working was fusues ,being in ling,in the unit in the car itself,always start with the most obvious things as it normaly the silly things that meS it all up lol don't know what else to suggest without being there to see it....sorry mate

A

Al3c

Have you tried google? I know that if you put in your model number,then google It should be able to get instructions up and translate jap to english.... As I said when fittin system the main prob I had when they were'nt working was fusues ,being in ling,in the unit in the car itself,always start with the most obvious things as it normaly the silly things that meS it all up lol don't know what else to suggest without being there to see it....sorry mate
Yeah, checked Google. Seems as though they only sold this unit in Japan. I got the full Japanese instructions that came with the car. In the middle of trying to translate it all :annoyed:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Oh dude I feel for ya man!!!!! Hey take some comfort when I picked up my car all I had was a double din hole lol!!!!!!!!!!!I hope you reSolve youR prob,give us a shout if you don't sort it I will msg my mate workS at an av plAce see if he cAn get you thE diagrAms dUde

A

Al3c

Oh dude I feel for ya man!!!!! Hey take some comfort when I picked up my car all I had was a double din hole lol!!!!!!!!!!!I hope you reSolve youR prob,give us a shout if you don't sort it I will msg my mate workS at an av plAce see if he cAn get you thE diagrAms dUde
Lol.

Hopefully I can get it sorted. Don't fancy getting another one when this one looks really good.

Reaction score
mine came with a pioneer carrozerria too never worked either! it has somethin similar in the passenger footwell also. the only thing that ever comes up on the screen is please insert correct disk??!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Might be the disk for the sat nav that its asking for,some of the older all in one system you have to have the nav dick in for the nav to work.have you tried switching the input to something other than the nav?? I know it sounds silly but sometimes simple things are the things overlooked!!!

A

Al3c

Ok, so it turns out im missing a pretty major part of the system! :|

This...

RoyalS15, have you got something similar to this? Cant make sense of the manual so don't know the part number.

Cheers,
Al

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah man that looks like the control unit,without that it isn't gonna work,are you sure its not there behind the dash/glovebox or even in the boot or something??strange that someone Would take that and leave everything else

Last edited:
A

Al3c

Yeah man that looks like the control unit,without that it isn't gonna work,are you sure its not there behind the dash/glovebox or even in the boot or something??strange that someone Would take that and leave everything else
Yeah, definitely isn't there.

Im guessing it was under the passengers seat as I traced all the cable to there.

Tempted to get rid and buy a new stereo, but would like to see if I can get this up and running. Need to know the part number for that unit and try and get hold of one.

Reaction score
yea i think mine is somethin like that, il have a closer look tomorrow and let you know. yea id say i need a disc of some sort, wouldnt know how to change the input.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Did it come with a remote??if it has a swItching box they are normally controlled by reomote,if you can see a sensor in the cabin somewhere(looks like a little clear black box normally)then you prob are missin a remote if not then you should be able to switch input on the screen somwhere.

Reaction score
Cheers man yea its touch screen but nothin happenin at all. No remote either. Was googlin a bit there too it looks like ya can download a disc for sat nav.