What's new

Airbag light

Reaction score
Want to turn off the airbag light.Have searched previous threads and found the sequence of how to turn it off.The method of pressing the houselight with the ignition turned to on is not working.Nct coming up,can anyone shed some light?

Reaction score
Are you sure all connection to your Airbags are made and theres no fault with the units?

Reaction score
i prosume so as i had already done it a couple of months ago and then a while back it came on again.what units are you speaking about?

Reaction score
still not working.Can i place a resistor in somewhere and does anyone no where.?

Reaction score
If the airbag light apeared perviously how did you remove it then? and if it has what was the reason for it. sound like there's a genuine fault with your srs system which won't allow you to remove the light even if you perform the house light method.

Reaction score
If the airbag light apeared perviously how did you remove it then? and if it has what was the reason for it. sound like there's a genuine fault with your srs system which won't allow you to remove the light even if you perform the house light method.
i used the houselight method previously and it worked.The light has been on the las two months and didnt bother clearing it again.My car test is next week and i need to find out how to switch it off.If the house light method wont work i may have to use the resistor method.Has anyone done this before? and where is this control unit turboal? thanks

Reaction score
Is your horn working? Check and make sure because I had a problem where I removed my steering wheel and somehow or someone spun the steering column and when the wheel was mounted when spun in one direction is snapped the spiral cable and made the horn and airbag nonfunctional.

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Try this mate....

If you ever get the airbag warning light come on for removing an airbag or other reason you cannot make it turn off without it being reset.

Please note, this will only work if the airbag fault that originally caused the light to iluminate has been rectified.

Reset Procedure

(a) Switch OFF the radio & Ignition

(b) Turn Ignition ON (Position II)

(c) The airbag warning light will stay on for 7 seconds and then switch off – as soon as it does
turn OFF the ignition (within 1 second of the light switching off)

(d) Wait at least 5 seconds

(e) Repeat steps (a) to (c) two more times – this is important to make sure it registers with
different modules in the car

(f) Turn ON ignition, wait 2 seconds

(g) Switch OFF Ignition (Position 0) and wait 1 second

(h) Switch ignition back ON.

(i) Airbag light should now remain unlit as long as the fault(s) causing are also addressed

Reaction score
i used the houselight method previously and it worked.The light has been on the las two months and didnt bother clearing it again.My car test is next week and i need to find out how to switch it off.If the house light method wont work i may have to use the resistor method.Has anyone done this before? and where is this control unit turboal? thanks
How did you drive it around for two months with the lamp flashing?! after i had the light come up after having to remove the airbags when i removed my dash, it did my head in with in the first day!

Try what steve has said i have never tried that method myself however steve's pritty clued up when it comes to nissan ecu i believe.

And as for mot stick some black tape over the light so it cannot be seen illuminated, the new rules for motter's are that they are no not allowed to remove or tamper with anything on a vehicle during the mot, meaning that they will have no clue that ur abs is not functioning correctly.

Reaction score
HI mate, i fitted a nardi wheel and boss to the s15. When i swapped the wheels over i didn't have any airbag cancelation plug (i bought a cheap £50 boss)

Go to your nearest maplins and pick up a 2.7ohm resister.
Connect the two airbag wires together (can't remember what colour they are off the top of my head) and then heat shrink or duck tap them to insulate them.
Put your keys into the ignition and turn it so the ignition lights come on (obviously have the drivers door open)
As soon as you turn the ignition on Press the door jam as many times as you can as fast as you can.
Once you have done this correctly the airbag light will now flash but very slowly.
Turn the ignition off and then do exactly the same thing again, this resets the light.

Hey presto no more airbag light!

It is worth noting that mine came on the other day and i had to reset it as did my mates. I don't know why they randomly start coming on again but we did our cars the same time and the light started coming on again the same time after a few months of removing the wheel.

Let me know if this sorts your issue mate ok :)

Reaction score
Good stuff, I have doen this countless times without fail on my primera, B14 sentra, S14, S15 and now my GTT.

Reaction score
bag light

Problem solved!Opened up the fuse box cover in drivers footwell and just simply removed the airbag fuse.It wasnt blown so i put it back in and then used the houselight method,then it worked.!As for what reason i dont know but its ready for the test now.Cheers guys for the help

S

sully

Having a problem like that myself, got my airbag faults reset today, and its showing up that everything is working fine but now the light wont go off, need it to be off for the test but they wanna see it light up when it starts.

Anyone got any idea's why its still lite up?

Reaction score
removing the fuse turns the light off?

i was going to suggest pulling out all airbag related modules, including the one under the rear seat...