🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Not too sure but i'll take the signal from the ECU feed.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
this is a really dunce question craig, so please humour me lol

as you know my electrical system isn't connected at the moment so i can't check polarity on those wires....can you tell me what wire is what on the original plug coupler (commone sense would tell me red is + but on cars they do some funny things...)

i plan to run a seperate 3amp length of wire from + to a switch and back to the relay so that i also have manual control over them too - does the ecu cut away both the + and - to the fas, or is it just switched on the positive side?

sorry for all the questions mate, just want to make sure its right as once its all back together i dont want to be pulling it apart....:thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
never mind about the wiring mate lol, i forgot about my trusty multimeter ;) black wire to chassis is 0 ohms

T

thatsme59

hi guys if someone thinking of getin 1 these they donot fit s15 its mountin points are off and it wider than rad, ac pipes in the way

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I looked into those too but they dont move much air and would need modification to fit. You would be better off with the flex-a-lite twin kit with DIF controller.

Reaction score
Country
I'm currently installing thermo fans and using most of your diagram from the first page, however on the factory electric fan plug there is 4 wires (red, red/white, black, black). So far what I've worked out is the blacks are both grounds, the red comes on with the A/C and I have no idea what makes the red/white wire come on. I think I still have to connect it and I'm thinking just putting it in parallel with the red one will work but not sure, any thoughts?

EDIT: I was also thinking the red/white wire was the one that comes on when it reaches a certain temp. I have a power FC and when I first read this guide I thought it said the it should come on at 85 not 90 :no: I will let my car get up to 90 degrees tomorrow and see if this works.

Last edited:

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Heya

Apparently the red/white offers another limit to the stock cooling fan to control it between off, low & high. I've copied the following images for reference from the service manual.

Relay 1 is for the low speed (95-100) + AC, Relay 2 is for High speed (100+ aka your engines about to steam)

Thinking about it you could probably get away without using Craigs schematic if you was prepared to wire the two fans up the same way instead of combined like in craigs example and just use the existing relays and cable to power the fans

Last edited: