What's new

A question of size

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey guys just a quickie,does anyone know what size the standard speakers are?? Just my car had all the stereo stripped from it and need to sort some replacements at some stage

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the quick response mate,that's good news there is lots of decent 6.5's ouT there good times!

S

socal

Any idea of decent replacements? I need some I have no idea what to look for. Stereos are not my thing...

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I had some Kicker components in my S14 and they sounded great although not terribly loud without an amp, Alpine is always a good choice too. I'd stay away from JVC, Pioneer, etc.

S

socal

Hmmm just checked out some Alpine Type R 6.5 splits, $229 at JB HIFI, but should be able to get them cheaper than that. They will be running off an Audison amp in the boot, should do the trick I'm hoping?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I am going for infinity perfect componentw with silk dome tweeters either that, JL audio,DLS and diamond are also all very good depends what you want to spend really,alpine head unit are the best but speaker wise these makes are defo better...

Reaction score
I had some Kicker components in my S14 and they sounded great although not terribly loud without an amp, Alpine is always a good choice too. I'd stay away from JVC, Pioneer, etc.
JVC and Pionner make some very good headunits. They both make so real top end headunits too.

And agree with the last coment there's better speaker manufactures than alpine for the same money.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I have a pioneer headunit but I've never been impressed with their speakers, subs, or amp. I refuse to buy any car audio equipment made by JVC, complete garbage IMO although I'm happy with my JVC tv and bluray player. If money was no object I'd probly have Alpine HU, Focal speakers, Kicker subs, and Rockford Fosgate amps.

Reaction score
i have Alpine type R splits allround and they rip my doors off
there a perfect fit about 2 mill from the windows down no spacers

E

empty_inside

Silly question on this: how do you remove the rear speaker covers to get at the mounting screws? They seem pretty firmly attached (won't pop off), and none of the millions of plastic clips underneath the "parcel shelf" seem to loosen them. I guess I'm missing something obvious...

E

empty_inside

Oh yeah, guess I wasn't pulling hard enough, thanks!

I've just fitted some Focal 165CVXs at the rear and they sound very good, even with the stock headunit (soon to be changed). Good treble and lots of bass, considering, resonating in the bootspace I guess.