What's new

de-activating airbag light???

Reaction score
Well I had the dash apart to replace the two broken gauges in the dash centre air pods (It might look cool to have your gauge here but i tell you now if something goes wrong with them its the biggest headache in the world to resurrect the problem which envolving stripping the whole dash to piece) anyways. i disconnected the passanger airbag and removed as reqired (i couldn't believe how heavy these units are!) i then continued to fit and wire in the new gauges, oil pressure and water temperature gauge. sensibly before refitting the dash completely decided to test the operation of the gauges so started the car making the fundimental error of leaving the air bag disconnected. Well thankfully my gauges all worked as to be expected and the airbag fault light flashed. i thought cool all good. refit the rest of the dash and reconnected the airbag. however now on starting the car i expected the light to go out however this was not the case and now the airbag fault light continue to flash perminatly.

My question is how do i go about clearing the light?

Alan

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm sure you can reset the system by turning the ignition on and off and pressing the door sensor in a certain order.. but thats as much as I can remember! Someone will know for sure though hopefully! :)

Reaction score
Its amazing what answers you find when you use the search function! i can confirm to reset the airbag light its a matter of turning the ignition to the ON postition and pressing the drvers door switch 7 times and then switching the ignition to the off position.

Thanks craig for pointing me in the right dirrection:thumbs:

Reaction score
I just did this picked up the info on another site should have looked here first lol... i think i only pressed it 5 times, but go 7 to be sure :)