What's new

Alarm Recommendations

E

empty_inside

Hi Guys,

So I just bought an S15 Spec R (more to follow...). It's a fresh import and has no security. Obviously I'll be getting a Cat 1 fitted, what do people recommend?

Are all alarms that are Thatcham Cat 1 approved equal, or are some more equal than others? I've found a company offering a good price to fit an autowatch 457RLi - any good? Anyone used a good fitter in Cambridgeshire / east Anglia? Again, does Thatcham approval indicate a decent level of quality, or should I be careful?

Thanks!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I've got the Cliford G5 alarm with BlackJax. Good alarm with all the mod cons, the blackjax can be a pain in the arse, but will be worth it if someone dose jack my car...

E

empty_inside

Yeah blackjax does seem like a pain, but as you say, invaluable to watch some chav get 100yds down the road in your car only to have it turn itself off! I've heard a few bad things about cliffords, but then doing some research I've read bad things about all brands of alarm. I guess that means it comes down to the installation. Turns out Toad will come and install their own alarms, with a bumper warranty and stuff, so I've booked them to come out and do it.

Reaction score
Country
Toad Ai 606. Had a couple of different alarms (on different cars) and this seems to be the best one i've used. Had a clifford on my last car and was nothing but a pain in the arse. All the gizmos seemed a great idea on paper but in reality they were rubbish and unnecessary lol

. . .

:rolleyes: duel zone proximity- worst thing i've had on a car :rolleyes:

E

empty_inside

Aye, it's a 606 I'm getting fitted. Thought I might get a full closure unit because it's so cool :) Can't see much use for anything else though.

My current Citroen's got the factory standard alarm which is awful! I just don't arm it because it goes off at all hours otherwise. Worse than useless. I really don't want to be in that position again!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
My equivalent of Blackjax is a twin plate clutch :D

If you can pull away first time using it then fair play otherwise it's stall, stall until I get into the car one way or another and immobilise the thieving gypsy bastid haha :thumbs: :wack:

Reaction score
Country
Haha James :D

I got a Viper fitted to mine, wasnt expensive and apparently its just a rebranded Clifford. Got a turbo timer built into it aswell. Been 100% perfect so far :)