What's new

Which double din units fit?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Measured the gap for a new double din unit as mine still has a really ropey single din minidisc player, but it seems a bit small for most of the units out there......anyone else had this problem / found a stereo that will fit???

Thanks

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
All double DIN head units are the same size size. Single DIN head units are 180 x 50mm and Double DIN ones are 180 x 100mm. The depth can vary but this shouldn't be an issue.

Reaction score
Hi Craig, thanks for the info - will any double din unit be a direct fit then with no fascia adaptor? I've tried to see if there is a fascia available, but I can't seem to find one.....

Thanks again

Reaction score
My 15 hasn't got a cage in it!

There's just two brackets, one either side of the DIN hole...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I might depend on if yours came with a double din unit from factory or not. Mine has the factory double din and only has brackets as well.

Reaction score
I've not looked properly, but mine seem to have a form of locators I'm hoping that when I take out the single din I will be able to use the fixings that this is attached with onto the double din that I've bought.....fingers crossed!

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Mine had a double din in hence the cage and has a oldschool double din in now ( with mini disc) hahahahaha ive been looking at the ones from HK wondering if they are worth the money.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help. Now have a double din unit fitted - and used the locating brackets that were already installed in the car.