What's new

wiring gps audio factory

E

empty_inside

Hmm, any idea what that actually is? Obviously it's a set of steps to diagnose problems with the Navi CU, looks like simple things like checking the power's there and that there's no short circuits. The last two tests are something other than V/ohm tests, maybe they involve applying power to make it do interesting things...

I'll see if I can get a translation of the important bits, but I'm starting to owe my friend big time!

E

empty_inside

More info on tests H and I:

For H and I you need an oshirosucoupu (oscilloscope).

H says:

Transmission signal DP-VC Test 2

* Connect up display unit connector (type A, number 20).
* Turn the key switch from OFF to ON and observe the waveform
* 24~25: Waveform- 4
(Consult the reference guide on input signal standard waveforms)

I guess Waveform 4 is what you're looking for in the reference
manual. 24~25 is where you connect up the oscilloscope.

I says:

* Connect up display unit connector (type A, number 20).
* Turn the key switch from OFF to ON and observe the waveform
* 33~25

While you move the switch: Waveform 10
When you press the OPEN/CLOSE switch: Waveform 11
(Consult the reference guide on input signal standard waveforms)
Sounds awfully like you need to generate a special waveform (an n-bit control code or something, I don't know this stuff) to raise/lower the screen :(

Don't suppose anyone has the signal waveform reference guide?...

Reaction score
o it sucks ... lol so i will ask to nissan japan and we'll see ...

Reaction score
Website
www.artstation.com
Country
Instagram
@b.halligan
Sorry to necro this thread, but this seems to be the most knowledgeable group of people I've seen on the subject. My stock controller unit (CCU-3751V) has died, and these guides seem like they'd be very useful if all the links weren't dead :cry:

Would anyone happen to still have all this information on-hand and be able to re-post it? Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
would this not be in the service manual? always my go to for issues. Its like the bible for these cars

Reaction score
Website
www.artstation.com
Country
Instagram
@b.halligan
would this not be in the service manual? always my go to for issues. Its like the bible for these cars
Nope. These in-dash nav screens were a JDM-only option, and even in Japan they're rare. The service manual doesn't include any info on them. Perhaps a Japanese service manual would have more information but I don't have access to one, let alone an English translation of one. Thanks for the reply though.

Reaction score
Website
www.artstation.com
Country
Instagram
@b.halligan
Upon further investigation, it looks like these controller units were used for nav screens in a bunch of different Nissans at the time, under different model names. The ones I've found so far are:

CCU-3751V - Part number 25915 2W101 (JDM Nissan S15 Silvia)
CCU-3701W - Part number 25915 5V002 (JDM Nissan R'nessa)
CCU-3700V - Part number 25915 5V000 (JDM Nissan Elgrand)
CCU-100TW - Part number 25916 YS000 (Taiwan Nissan Sentra)

They're all identical in appearance, with the exception of the TW one having English-printed buttons. The part name is always "CONT ASSY-NAVI". My questions would be:

A. Do they all use the same wiring harness?
B. Which countries were equipped with local map data and English buttons? If a New Zealand version of this unit ever existed, in any vehicle, then I might be able to find one by following those details. The NZ Silvias certainly never had them.

Last edited: