What's new

Turbo Gauge Fault?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Hi guys when driving the car home tonight I notised the turbo gauge was just sitting at 0 even though i wasnt using any of the turbo when usualy the needle will just point down even when I accelerated in a lower gear it just stuck to 0 instead of going up to 0.6ish :confused: tad confued so I turned everything off and the turbo gauge went all the way down to read nothing like it does before you turn the ignition on left the car for 5 min turned the ignition back on and it went up to 0 no bother as usual....started the engine same thing didnt drop down back to reading -0.8 (cant remember what it reads at idle)
is there any fues etc that could of went for the guage or any sensors? tad lost if I am honest :down:

Cheers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
check the little vacuum hose that comes off under the throttle body to the little plastic sensor with a grey plug on it on the drivers inner wing behind the fuse box. if there is a split in this hose - thats the problem. if not, could be the gauge as they are known to play up :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
thats the thing man was working fine one min then the girlfirend got out the car and as a was driving away i notised it wasnt driving hard etc though i could hear a bit of chatter coming from the dumpvale for the 1st time today? hmmm confused.com haha

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
well check the hose, as it could go at any time - and if you are going for a remap then get an aftermarket gauge as the stock one is no good after 1bar anyway ;)

Reaction score
Country
I had this happen a couple weeks back... when i first got the car at idle the guage would read around -0.7 ish IIRC but over time it crept further up to 0 and then half way through Drift what ya brung at santa pod the guage wouldnt register any boost and just sat on 0. The vacuum hose to the guage was split at both ends! Replaced it with some nice blue hose as although there was enough left to cut back on the standard hose it was far too brittle being 10+ years old and works great now. This was also causing a boost leak for me so i got more power back at the same time! Win win! :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Will see what its up to in the morning as it has just stoped at 0 before though i turned it off and back on then it was fine so might be back its usual self in the morning (fingers crossed)
haha ano dude will need to start up a styling fund soon for alloys and all the bodykit stuff :wack:

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I had this happen a couple weeks back... when i first got the car at idle the guage would read around -0.7 ish IIRC but over time it crept further up to 0 and then half way through Drift what ya brung at santa pod the guage wouldnt register any boost and just sat on 0. The vacuum hose to the guage was split at both ends! Replaced it with some nice blue hose as although there was enough left to cut back on the standard hose it was far too brittle being 10+ years old and works great now. This was also causing a boost leak for me so i got more power back at the same time! Win win! :)
nice one dude will have a wee check if its still playing up in the morning

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
yup its still not working this morning so will go have a look at it at lunch...does anyone have a pic of the hose for the Turbo Gauge? cheers

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country

ithe the first hose with a blue arrow pointed at it, it runs from the boost pressure sensor to the t-piece.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country

you were spot on dude was split right where it connects on to the sensor just extended it and thats it sorted now! :rotfl: cheers guys appreciate all the help :thumbs: