What's new

Boost gauge not wired.

S

sully

Just after taking off the pod, and its not wired to anything, just wondering where would i get the parts to install it?? Its just the standard s15 boost gauge.

Cheers.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Can you be a little more clear, possibly a pic?

What parts have you got and is there anything behind the pod, any wires or anything?

Do u have a spec r or s?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
You'll have to check whether you have the stock sender unit and wires/harness which runs is supposed to run from sender to back of boost gauge. Pop the hood and look around the left (O/S) suspension turret - near the front of the intake plenum to the left there should be a black device mounted on bronze looking metal bracket with wires going towards the firewall etc.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I seem to think that certain spec-r models in oz didn't come with boost gauge as standard?

I could have dreamed that though...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
that is correct, the pillar boost gauge was not fitted to the Oz spec cars. It was removed due to our Austrailian Design Rules.

Sully, are you sure your car is a spec R not a converted spec S. Unless it is an Oz spec car that was imported, but that seems unlikely.

S

sully

Im not sure guys, but the guy said it was a spec r alrite and it has all the spec r boot struts in her and has helical limited slip differential. No it came in from japan.

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Maybe it just wasn't fitted from the factory

S

sully

Maybe, it came with the pillar pod with the gauge, and also the guy who sold it had the normal pillar with it.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
What was the result of the sender under the hood?

If I were you I'd buy a better boost gauge and just wire it in yourself.

Only tricky bit will be taking the lighting wires from the loom to light it up.

Think I have a thread in the useful threads section which tells you what color wires you need.

S

sully

Dont have the car at the moment to check!

Will be getting it back friday. The guy who sold me the car either tried to wire the cd player himself or gave it to some retard to wire it.

He connected live to earth and its after melting the wiring for the cd player so now its in the shop with everything torn out of it getting re-wired.

Ya im thinking of going for some defi gauges anyways. I know they aint cheap but oh well.

Very happy with car besides his home wiring job.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
What the hell is he doing to it?

Just get a Nissan Micra 2000 - 2003 (PC2-76-4) radio harness from ebay for about £10, job done!

S

sully

So im after buying a apexi boost gauge, and I found the stock sender, just wondering what wire do I hook it up to so when I turn on the head lights the boost gauge bulb comes on aswell??

Cheers.

Reaction score
I put mine in the drivers side airvent and tapped in on my turbo timer wires, so it's always lit up. That was the easiest way I found as I installed them both at the same time.

V

VAs15

on s13/s14 i know that on the plugs etc... the red wire with the blue stripe is the illumination wire for that item. i used to tap into that for my gauges so when the i turn the lights on, the gauges come on. i dont see why the s15 wouldnt be the same as previous s chassis'