What's new

Strange electrical fault geting on my nerves:(

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hi, i have an odd mix of faults with my electrics, there is no permanant live to the clock, passanger side door lock, interior light, and also the climate control unit? Any brain waves, all fuses are ok, soon as i put the ignition on its fine but it resets its self every time i take the key out, so thats what makes me think its
a permanant live? Doing my head in, i don't think it would be a relay, the fuses are fine so im racking my brains and failing at the mo:(

Jay

Reaction score
i have some similar issues, clock wont keep time, interior light sometimes works/sometimes not, and the stereo resets randomly... with mine im convinced its to do with the turbo timer as when the timer is set to 0, the electrics seem ok, but when the timer is set for anything that runs the engine without the key in the ignition it makes the aforementioned problems occur. i have now taken to just allowing the engine to run down with the keys in the ignition and timer set to 0, this seems to minimise any issues. (i have the HKS type 1 timer btw)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hmm, i might take it to an auto electrian to have a look at it seems eversince i conected my dials it does it, but iv since disconnected and rechecked fuses and still have a prblem!

Reaction score
Country
Reckon its some kind of earthing issue. Is your stereo and Boost controller correctly earthed ?

A

Al3c

Thought it is better to bump this thread than start my own.

Got the exact same faults with my 15. At first I thought nothing of it but after reading this im hoping that you may have found a solution.

Did you manage to get this sorted?

Cheers,
Al

A

Al3c

:whistle: Nothing to see here folks :whistle:

Well...off work today so decided to really look into this.

First things first, check all the fuses. Yep, all ok. Went through every single one, just in case.

Ripped out all the combination meters and half the frickin dash to investigate, checking the voltage and continuity on all relevant plugs (mainly M18). Every time I came across a wrong reading the service manual was telling me to check the fuses, ignoring this as I had already checked all the fuses I persevered.

After 2 hours of being told to check the damn fuses I thought, what the hell, one more look...and guess what, fuses (that were their) were fine, except fuse 28 was missing!!!! :annoyed:

In goes a spare 10Amp and way hay, all works!

For any one else in the future,

If the following doesn't work

• Interior light when the ignition is OFF and
  • The clock and
  • The digital climate control doesn't come back on after turning the ignition on and
  • Passenger door lock from drivers side and
  • Buzzer alerting you when the door is open and the key are in the igintion
Check that fuses 28 and 11 are ok and PRESENT.

Al

Curryzz

Reaction score
haha yeah i did the same, i was fitting some guages when it happened so i thought i done something,i drove to my friends and we both took half the dash apart, spent 5-6 hours on it untill relised i somehow removed the fuse, wanker lol