What's new

Custom Map... Which one?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am getting my car mapped in march but I still havent decided what one to go for. :confused:

Here are the 2 options I have boiled it down to:

1) Jez at Horsham Developments custom map �375 + �80 for Dyno Time

2) Steve at FC Tuning using Nistune software �420 + �75 for Dyno Time

I have read lots of threads on sxoc and here about the each of them and they both have good reputations and im sure will both do a great job!

I know Steve is more expensive but he is using Nistune and is alot closer. If I went with Jez and Nistune it would be over �500.

I will also be needing another map in the future when I have changed the turbo etc. and Steves 2nd remap is cheaper...

There are so many advantages for both I cant decide :confused:

What do you guys think?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you have a second re-map by Jez it is only £150 IIRC, unless you change the injectors or AFM

Edit: If you want to save money get Jez to do it on the road. Everyone has different opinions about this, but when I got mine done I spoke to Jez a lot about this and he said it makes no difference where its done. You drive your car on the road, not a dyno, so the conditions with on the road mapping are more consistant.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yh ive been thinking about this alot, when I was at uni I mapped on a dyno and ALL race teams do the same, with a bit of tweaking on the track when they get there!

Im pretty sure ill be getting it done on the dyno so now just got to decide whether I want Nistune or not.

Also the only reason I will be getting a 2nd map is because I will have changed the AFM and injectors etc.! lol

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I haven't heard much about Nistune, but I was going to take the trip down to Jez to get mine remapped, which is a 4hr drive one way! I've heard many great things about him.

I've recently found a good place near me now, so I won't be going down, but I would of done had I not found this other place.

Reaction score
Jez road mapped my car and he did like 10 runs up and down a road, then job done. :S Caused me loads of grief later on trying to find the source of the over fuelling! Turned out to be the map... (after I'd spent about £700 on replacement coilpacks, upgraded to splitfires, new plugs etc).

The only proper way of getting some steady state tuning is on a dyno. Obviously some tweaking on the road can be done after though.

I'd go for the Nistune and FC Tuning option without a doubt. Steve got over 40ftlbs more torque, and MASSIVELY improved my petrol consumption!

The amount you'll save in petrol will probably cancel out the price differences anyway! :wack:

Reaction score
Cheers guys,

Ryan do you know if the Nistune Steve uses is actual Nistune software? Can you buy the plug etc and tweak it yourself?

I only ask because Steve calls it FCTUNINGNistune solutions...

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Also the only reason I will be getting a 2nd map is because I will have changed the AFM and injectors etc.! lol
Why not wait until then? would save you a few hundred quid which could buy your AFM and filter. :)

Reaction score
Because I would only save £150, and an AFM on its own isnt very benificial... I really cant afford the injectors and turbo to compliment it!! :wack: lol

Reaction score
I'm not sure, to be honest. I was running a power fc!

I believe it's a normal nistune though.

Obviously I'm a bit biased due to my previous experiences and I know alot of people do recommend H-Dev, so you should get a good result from him, but I can guarantee a good result from Steve! :D

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You never know, you might e happy with it sitting around 300bhp after the first map. :)