What's new

Where to mount CD changer

J

Jono

Any bright ideas? :confused: I can't find anywhere great...

Under passenger seat: No room to access from front, would have to be accessed at rear of passenger seat (probably by putting the seat forward)

Glove Box: Not enough room

Rear arm rest bins: Not enough room (surprisingly!)

Boot: PITA to access and likely to get damaged in a rear-end accident

Where's yours?

D

Derek

Keep it out.. Too much weight :)

I'd put it in boot on the right hand side.. on the shelf like where the jack is but on other side..

J

Jono

That's the most obvious place I guess - still not sure about putting it there though.

Nicely, yes my new shiny Sony plays MP3 CD's - but sadly I don't have the technology to burn them! :eek: :D

As for keeping the weight down... you haven't seen the size of me! I'm the first place to start thinking about weight reduction, then the car can follow! :p

S

S15R

my cd changer is in the centre dash, aftermarket ones are better to mount it in the boot

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'd go for under the seat myself, ok its a pain to change the CD's over, but if someone breaks in (touches wood) the 1st place they will look is the boot :nod:

And if they cant get to the changer via the front of the seat they wont know what it is :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I would buy a CD-writer instead.
Mp3 CD's is the shit :thumbs:

They can be found very cheap now if you don't want it to do DVDs too.

J

Jono

I don't own a PC... just a works laptop which I can't tinker with. I have an external CD Writer to be fair, but it's such a PITA to get out and set up and put away again that I only use it on the odd occasion. It's not as convenient as just switching on your PC which is permanently set up and stood about :)

I got a NEW Sony 6-Disc changer from Ebay for ?50! :D Bargain. Fitted it under my drivers seat... fits nice and snug and can even be reached when sat in driving position. :thumbs: