What's new

Oil Pressure guage.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
It seems to be reading backwards!!!!

Its wired correctly.

ive used my old sender not the one from the new gauge so im assuming that might be it. it could be reading a different resistence value. Guess ill have to put the new sender on.

Anyone come accross this before?.

Reaction score
Ive seen it when the wires are the wrong way round on the sender or the gauge. What model and make is the gauge and sender that youre using?

tooley

Reaction score
Country
ive only got one wire for the sender. ita a greddy sender with a cheap guage atm untill i get my sard ones from rhd japan.

Reaction score
i had a problem with mine when i first hooked it had only one cable (red) from the sender and i had two cables to connect one to the sender (red) so other is earth so earthed it with earths to the back of the engine but gauge didnt work probably so changed the earth directly to the sender using a juplie clip to clamp the earth around the barrel of the sender working perfectly now.

M

martinbattye

It seems to be reading backwards!!!!

Its wired correctly.

ive used my old sender not the one from the new gauge so im assuming that might be it. it could be reading a different resistence value. Guess ill have to put the new sender on.

Anyone come accross this before?.

the calbration and the operation of a sender not designed for a certain gauge will be miles out even if it did work in the correct manner...

swop out to your proper sender

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Yea i did that the other day its working fine now. Thanks anyway.

Just thought since the greddy is better quallity i should stick to that. Didnt realise that the calibration would be that different.