What's new

Horn Not Working

Reaction score
Hopefully it's not a hard fix, my horn is not working. When I press the horn you can hear a click in the engine bay. The horns are both connected via a single wire each (the wire is red and black so I'm assuming its power/earth in one)... also looks like it has an oem plug connection on the end of it. I'm yet to test it with a test light and I don't have the fuse box diagram to check which fuse it is...

Any help would be appreciated.

Jap Spec R, 99 model.

Cheers.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it has a 12v+ feed wire and earths through its mounting bolt. check for rusty mounting points where they bolt on.

Reaction score
ahh ok, so the horn actually earths itself where it mounts? obviously the mounts have been changed since the fmic was fitted... will try to change them, thanks :)

Reaction score
ok found out that the horns themselves were faulty. replaced with new horns from autoshop, however, they had two connections + and -ve, therefore i used the oem clip and plugged it into the + and made a custom earth wire for the -ve and they are now working again :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My memory is a a bitt fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure the stock horns have cables going from the horn to one of the fitting bolts for the earth. But I'm not sure though.