What's new

folding mirrors when locking the car

Reaction score
Thats generous of you mate! :thumbs:

What sort of price difference are we talking between just auto fold and the all singing all dancing one? :D

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
the auto fold will probably cost about $5 in parts. the all singing, all dancing one might be somewhere in the area of $20. These are just guestimates. I won't know complete pricing until they are built.

Reaction score
Well if the top one is around $20 then you can count me in for sure!! :thumbs:

Cant wait for this now :p

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mate i'd be happy to pay some more than that so you could at least make a little out of it to cover the effort you've put in. i'm busy decorating at the moment but if it helps i can bring the fluke home sometime soon to find all the wires concerned, then just give you colours and functions and all voltages/polarities concerned if you like ;)

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
That would be a good help dean. I am going to order some mirrors and the control panel hopefully tonight. I should have them by the end of next week. That just so happens to line up with some time off work. I will be extremely busy, but I should be able to find time to make it happen.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
BTW, has anyone got anything else that they want added?

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ok. planning has begun...once I have sussed out the mirror fold circuit, I can start writing the microcontroller program

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Update: I got my folding mirrors and control panel in the post yesterday. I will hopefully get time to get out into the garage and try to sus it out.

The basic design parameters of the circuit are sorted. I have a rough idea of the pic code in my head. Once I get a look at these mirrors, I should have more info for you guys

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I need some input. Was thinking about the mirror dip thing. Here is my idea. If you are parking the car, you need the mirror dip. If you are not, and just reversing the car you don't need the mirror dipped. I like to use my left mirror to make sure I don't get too close to anything when I am reversing.

So my idea is, if you put the car into reverse, the mirror dips. If you take it out of reverse the mirror returns to it's orignial position and is movement is locked out by the circuit for say 10 seconds. If you need to reverse and don't want to look at the gutter on the left side of the car you select reverse twice within 10 secs (the time is just a figure I picked out, it can be changed). I still haven't installed my folding mirrors yet. I have been way too busy. :( Thoughts?

Reaction score
I was thinking about this, would it be better if it was the other way round?

I do more reversing than paralel parking so personal I would prefer it if you had to select it twice to make it dip :thumbs:

Reaction score

I do more reversing than paralel parking so personal I would prefer it if you had to select it twice to make it dip :thumbs:
i agree...

sx-si

Reaction score
my reverse is a cock so im going with ?(all i want is dipped when i select reverse no matter how many times i try and select it)

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country

i agree...
Ok, this is the way it will be.

my reverse is a cock so im going with ?(all i want is dipped when i select reverse no matter how many times i try and select it)
I can modify the firmware for you to make it that way. It won't make too much difference.

UPDATE: I finally got to plug in the folding mirrors and control panel. It works!!!!! Thank god nissan didn't delete this wiring. I will attempt in the next couple of days to get the info I need to start making the circuit. Please bear with me as I am extremely busy atm.