What's new

light behind the trip

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Right guys, having a little trouble with the light behind the trip display. When I got the car the light was off, but I did not notice as it was daylight and I could see the disply but driving at night I cant see it at all. Then it randomly can on one night (the first time I put the right foot down :)) and it stayed on for a couple of days, then I started the car up to go to work and the light was off. Stayed that way for about a week then started the car up and it was back on again. I had the bonnet up today to have a look over the car and do the bolts on the bodykit up a bit (it was flapping a touch) and now its off again. Any thoughts? I think it must be a loose connection, just not sure where to start looking. Can someone tell me where the wiring runs under the bonnet guess it runs down the left as part of the bundle of wires that drops in to and through the wheel arch, but i dont know which one and where it starts/ends. I have no problems with any of the other dash lights. Its not a massive problem just bugs me a bit.
Cheers for the help.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
is it a take it thats a dash out job or can you reach the connections from the foot well. if it's dash out how many bolts/screws and where? cheers

Reaction score
im sure the dials can come out without pulling the dash out. should be 1 screw on the top of the dial case. the others will be behind the steering boss. turn the steering wheel and you should see 2 screws either side.undo then, take it off. then there should be 2 screws holding the dials in place.