What's new

Dash no linger lights up .. help anyone?

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Ok.. tonight on route home from work the dials flikered on and off twice, I thought It happened but figured id gone mad. The issue's I had with the lights previous I sorted.. turned out to be the wires in the arch.

I taped up each one and then together and now they all work 100% a treat.

however.. the dials wont light up, this include's the boost gauge, the 3x Blitz gauges in the dash and the OEM lights for the Speedo / Rev's etc.

All the little lights in the cluster for example the handbrake warning light, full beams, indicator's etc all light up fine.

Checked the fuse's marked "METER" and "ELECTRIC PARTS" both 10's and there fine. Going to take the dials out tomorrow and see whats gone wrong here.

Everything works fine, i.e. the Rev's / boost etc.. just they will not illuminate.. Anyone ??? Seems like as soon as I try to sell her, things start going wrong on me :(

Also, Does anyone know which pin on the rear of the cluster harness is the illumination one so i can check its defo getting power?
Thanks

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
yes as per, fantastic help from the SXOC.

Well as said on there, everything seems to be working now, Just turned the stock and it all turned on and lit up fine. Going to double check all wiring today.

Reaction score
I just did over all the wiring from my S14 into and S15 with my conversion and I have the same problem everything works but none of the park lights and accessory lights work. Any ideas what it may be?

Reaction score
Got the dash working now I just have to get the passenger window to function. When I put the lead for the battery on and put the key in the ignition and switched it to the ON position the passenger window immediately went down without pressing any door switch and has never gone up since. All wiring is plug and play and I have rechecked all grounds and even redone them. what can it be as I am not seeing any blown fuses or relays. The power window relay I checked but it does not look blown, would it looked discoloured if blown or not necessarily?