What's new

Question about the Apexi Power FC

Reaction score
Country
Okay, so I'm trying to do some research and I'm trying to figure out if I should be looking at the use of the D-Jetro model or not.

I'm not going to be looking for high HP numbers. I'm going for all major bolt-ons and cams (probably Greddy easy cams). With that in mind, I should be okay with the use of the factory standard air flow meter correct?

Reaction score
You will be, but it is almost manditory to up grade to the Z32 AFM once your fit the Power FC ,as that option is readily available in the hand controller. If your fitting cams and bigger injectors the stock AFM will struggle once you throw in more boost.

Reaction score
No, not necessarily especially if your happy to retain the MAF sensor setup.

DJetro is mainly for big power and a MAP set up where your eliminating the AFM and O2 sensor(lambda) It takes a bit more tunning time (and money) to get it setup.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm not certain about the ins and outs but from what I can gather, as Auss15 has already said, D-Jetro is for higher output applications.

Apparently the MAP sensor is much more accurate than MAF and this becomes more relevant the more BHP you intend on running.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
It's the other way around :) MAF is more accurate than MAP, but when you've got so much power that you're maxing out the AFM's resolution then you're forced to go to MAP.

Reaction score
Country
Sorry to bump this thread but there's no real point of making a new topic on this...So I was talking to my friend in Japan about parts to order and what not and he had mentioned to me that the Power FC is discontinued? Is this true? So once Apexi is out of stock in their Japanese warehouse it's the end of the road...I was planning to order some more expensive coilovers, but I might switch to something a bit cheaper so that I can get my hands on a unit...

Someone please let me know....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've been hearing this that they have been discontinued for ages - yet there are still so many new items up for sale......also heard that apexi went into the japanese version of administration but they are still around too.......

i'd like to get pfc d-jet and eliminate the afm - not only does it cover all the bases with one unit, but you could fit whatever bov and filter setup you wanted to and have no negative affect on the running of the car like you would with an atmos bov on afm setup :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
apexi Japan went out of business. I believe they are still around in a reduced capacity.

The PFC for our model car has been discontinued. I may be selling mine shortly if you are interested.

sx-si

Reaction score
dude unless your going for 400bhp plus just get a nistune
ive ran them at 410bhp for 2years and there a good bit of kit and also alot cheaper

im after a d jetro as im a tart but only because i like to map my cars