What's new

Back light on Boost gage not working

R

Rosscoss

The back light on my Boost gauge is not working. How can this be fixed because the light needs to be fixed. Is it an LED? please help (it's the standard Boost gauge):thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
ditch it and get a decent gauge buddy, the standard ones crap...

not very helpful but the best course of action nonetheless:thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
See if there's any help in the 'Useful Threads' section (links at top of forum pages etc)...

Think there's summat about bulbs for instrument panel but not sure about stock boost gauge??

But as Dean says, much better to just go for aftermarket replacement as it's more accurate (and better looking lol) ;)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i've got a standard one in my garage and i had a look, there isnt any bulb holder on the back of it so you'd need to remove the rear casing to see if theres a holder/led inside mate:)

R

Rosscoss

Right well CBA to that lol! How dose getting Deffi gauges sound? wb :thumbs:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
defi's are really nice mate, but in my opinion a bit of a rip off. i personally would recommend the motor meter steppers if you want to get 4 gauges for the price of 1 defi (i have them and they work well, couple of other people are running them now too - thats not to say they're the best because they arent, but they look similar to defi if wired amber and are accurate) :thumbs:

http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?ma...id=336&zenid=8e2362d2a579d5d88a699784e145be28

Reaction score
There is a really tiny bulb inside the stock one... found it difficult to get one from Nissan as they wanted £14 for it lol... its smaller than a 5p coin!!

So i replaced mine with a mechanical Blitz MD guage instead :thumbs:

J

JDM 20T

Are you sure the bulbs is blown ?

I had the same issue and found out when i opened up the gauges that the tape holding it in place was not sticky anymore and had dried out so i cut a small piece of 10mm pipe and wedged it against the bulb and the electrical board and it has been fine since.

Done this about 2 years ago and never had a problem with it since

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I had the same problem before. Even replaced the gauge but it still didn't work. The bulb is very small and hard to come by if you want to try and replace it.

Don't know the name for the bulb, but looked around in several car parts store for a replacement with no luck.

I say ditch it and get an aftermarket gauge.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Defi - yes expensive but if you want JDM points then you'll score highly lmao :D

There are other decent brands out there but I wanted Link Display Unit so I don't have lots of gauges all over the place and now I have oil temp and pressure on there plus my 60mm BF boost diasy chained into the Defi system - sorted ;)

T

teza737

take the whole boost gauge out. there is a little light on the circuit board that is in a holder that twists in. its tiny, it possibly may be the same bulb and holder for hazard button light, rear demister button light and air control. i definitely know its the bulb and holder for s13 air control unit, demister button light etc.

light could be blown or just may have fell out.

i just fixed mine, it fell out, had to twist it back it and all good now :)