What's new

Rear foglight

Reaction score
Country
What have people on here done about a rear foglight?

On my 180 I've converted one of the reversing lights into a foglight, but I'm thinking of going a different way when my 15 lands.

Can you do it like S13's and make it so that the inner 2 brake light bulbs stay on for fogs, or is it all one space inside the light unit and would just light the whole lot up, not separated like S13's? Or has anyone wired the brakelight in the spoiler like this?

I want to get all the bits ready so I can get it fitted straight on when I pick it up :)

Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
Also, is the wiring already there seeing as it was an optional extra in Japan?
It was on my 180, and just needed the switch fitting, so hope this is just as simple :)

Reaction score
There was a version of the S15 tail lamp that had a fog lamp however I think they are quite rare.
It is also possible to get a column stalk with the fog switch built in - I've got the part number somewhere, I'll try to dig it out (I might have already posted it on another thread).
As for the wiring, it depends on the car. Early models all had the same harness but later models had different harnesses - I got a mate of mine who is a harness engineer to wire it in for me, it is a 2001 car.

Reaction score
Country
How is your foglight fitted? In with the light units, or separate?

One of the ones I bid on in the Japanese auction had a foglight on from the factory, which made me think the wiring might be already there.
Mine's a 1999 one by the way :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've swapped one of my reversing bulbs for a red LED bulb, and rewired it...

Reaction score
Country
Where did you get your red LED bulb from ? Also where did you splice into for your feed wire, in the car or at fog light relay in engine bay ?

Thanks,
Mark.

Reaction score
Country
Mine's just replaced one of the reversing lights with a red bulb, then switch for it is mounted in dash (near the headlight beam level switches).

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys. Still need to know where you took your live wire from though !

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a switch on the dash which then runs in a armoured lining under the car and into the boot then spliced into the live reversing light wire. I got my led light off an eBay seller from the US. I can dig out the receipt of you want to know exactly who?