What's new

warning chimes

Reaction score
hi guys

now iv had my s15 for about 2 months and the warning chimes are giving me the sh*ts - the ones where your door is open and the stereo is on or your lights are left on or whatever.

is there are way to stop this? a fuse perhaps?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It's intergrated. You'll need to find the chime unit behind the dash. Yes, it's a pain sometimes, but I always found it was worth it to know you hadn't shut a door, or you'd left your lights on.

It'd be easier to disconnect the open door sensor.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
I've been tossing up whether or not to disable the stupid keys in/door open chime, now THAT gives me the sh1ts big time!!! :annoyed:

but i must say it did save me once :eek:

Reaction score
yeah the only one that ****s me is the door open one. Now if i disconnect the sensor i lose the sensor for the alarm though right?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you do, it's a crap alarm. There should be independent sensors if it's half decent. Otherwise your alarm would go off every time your battery voltage dropped. e.g. being stood whilst on holiday... Actually, that might not be entirely true. Should be independent sensors though.

Reaction score
isnt the door sensor the sensor for the interior light and that is how the alarm is set off? And thats the same sensor for the warning chimes?

Reaction score
my problem is when the turbo timer is running the warning chime for lights on doesn't come on till i'm long gone from the car, so i'm always leaving my lights on

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
my problem is when the turbo timer is running the warning chime for lights on doesn't come on till i'm long gone from the car, so i'm always leaving my lights on
^^^ done that a couple of times too.... - dope!:furious:

Reaction score
if it is the same as my car. there should be a connector going to the ignition barrel, unplug that and that will stop the chime when the door is open but will still leave the lights chime.best of both worlds.
but then i have a toyota. but worth a try.

T

teza737

+1

there is a fuse to stop the chimes. its located on drivers side kick panel

assuming you are looking at it in a normal seating position, it is at the bottom left corner, it should be singled out

so when the fuse is taken out, keys in ignition barrel, no chimes - for door open, for headlights on, but neither will the door light come on when door is opened

Reaction score
Country
+1

there is a fuse to stop the chimes. its located on drivers side kick panel

assuming you are looking at it in a normal seating position, it is at the bottom left corner, it should be singled out

so when the fuse is taken out, keys in ignition barrel, no chimes - for door open, for headlights on, but neither will the door light come on when door is opened
Thought i would just add to this thread i know its last year but, i never had that warning chime for the door being open or the lights being left on, i didn't think anything of it, then the other day just for a laugh i locked my car which has a 5star alarm im not sure how that compares with alarms in other countries anyway i locked my car with the remote, once the car had immobilized itself i opened the drivers door by reaching in through the window and opening it, nothing happened to my surprise. untill i discovered that a previous owner had unplugged the door switch to get rid of the chime, problem being that it kinda made the alarm system not go off. If the car was getting broken into nothing would have gone off and that would have made my insurance invalid as the alarm system must be working. Plugged it back in and will get annoyed with the chime but will be happy knowing that my alarm system is working as it should.