What's new

Heaters stopped working?

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
um.. as of now they seem to have stopped working.. Or at least the driver one has. Full heat (4 fan thing) and on the face mode at 32' and not a breathe of air comes out my driver vent.. NEVER done this before.

I had it on the one for the feet and window, same at 32 and 4 and my feet were still cold O_O' I can hear all the fans going though when you cycle through 1-4...

Could this have ANYTHING to do with me going through ALOT of water today? I ended up in what seemed like a small pond of water on the road :/ I checked the water res and its fine, couldnt check the rad as it was dark and really hot.

Temp sensors all seem fine. OEM one is normal, Aftermarket blitz one is normal and the yashio one didnt state anything 'odd'.

Going to try this self DCC check thing tomorrow but tbh.. iv not idea what im meant to be doing lol.

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=2239&highlight=climate+control

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
ok did this as i started off on my work drive.

I got

Test 1 - Fine all working lights
Test 2 - 25
Test 3 - Came up 3-1, then 30
Test 4 - 41
Test 5 - nothing happened.

At one stage possibly 4? the driver side vent was blowing out heaps of air.. it was freezing cold but non the less that was working.

I then turned it off and on again to the face mode and nothing out the vent?

Em.. thoughts? Im really hoping someone might have an answer on this one...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
yeah will co after work mate. The thing is though when i ran out of water before and I had the heaters on, even while at 32 it still blew out air, just cold. However last night and today it wouldnt blow any air out which is confusing.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Ok right did the tests.

All correctly, nothing wrong - only error code was 25. I have since adjusted the cabin temp by +0.5'c and i dont know what or why.. but the car now heats me.

Its like Magic! I checked the rad too and it was fine level wise Nicely.. real odd.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe an Air lock when you topped up the water that would explain no heat - had this before... However doesnt explain why the fan was not blowing out cold air however.. Perhaps you had two faults?