What's new

Boost Gauges

Reaction score
Hi All

looking to replace the standard jap spec boost gauge with something a bit nicer. I am looking to get one in PSI. what have you guys got? If you could post up some pics that would be great!

thanks!

Reaction score
sorry, i wasnt quite clear ... i dont want to buy from here, i am just wondering what brand and style everyone has here, i cant decide what i want! basically wondering what you guys reccomend!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
most people buy Defi. There a good company, but expensive. IMO im not a fan.. i know its brand whoring and i should 'however' the black face gauges just look "boring" to me. When there lit there isnt much to them tbh..

I opted for Blitz BLM Gauges in my car. I bought my blitz boost gauge in Super Autobacs in Tokyo the other year.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've had a stack mechanical and it was very good, however i'm now using a motor meter stepmaster warning gauge and its awesome for the money. defi-style looks, with white or amber illumination, and zeros out when switched on for accurate readings. i agree with mint, mostly its brand whoring and i dont think that the defis are worth that extortionate amount.....

Reaction score
Country
If I was looking for gauges, I would look at:

Defi (most expensive but the quality is high)
HKS (if you can find them in stock)
Blitz (nice mirror finish series it totally different and looks great)

C

cougar power motorsport

i would check fir the HKS , the one's with black overlay and red numbers in LED or something. These suit very good to me.

Reaction score
Country
i've had a stack mechanical and it was very good, however i'm now using a motor meter stepmaster warning gauge and its awesome for the money. defi-style looks, with white or amber illumination, and zeros out when switched on for accurate readings. i agree with mint, mostly its brand whoring and i dont think that the defis are worth that extortionate amount.....
They look identical to mine :cool:, where did you get them from ?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Ive got the same as Dean, about 1/2 the price of Blitz, HKS and STRi ones and still look awesome :cool:

The motor meter logo is really bright in the pic but its much less obvious in real life which I prefer.

Jez, you can get them at http://www.rspec.co.uk/ :thumbs:

Plus I made it into the useful threads on how you need to wire them in (post #2) http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=5339

Last edited:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
yep r-spec it was and havent had any problems as yet, good thing is they are a uk based company so if there were a problem i'm sure they could sort it quickly:nod:

Curryzz

Reaction score
i used to have a digital one in my s14 and sold it with the car, i really want another one for my 15 but the place i got it from dosnt sell them anymore so i have no idea where to get one from,:down:was a really nice

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hi could someone post a link to the rite guage I need to order? There quite a few and want the rite one so it fits good and the one u have used from rspec seems perfect so help if ya can :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country

Curryzz

Reaction score
Thank you for your help I'm confused i got it in my head the piller was a 60mm?? So it's definatly a 52mm is it? 100%? I would go check on the car but I havnt it with me:thumbs: , it looks really big the standard one:annoyed:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Oh right sorry to confuse you, I thought the pillar pod was best fitted to a 52mm gauge. I'd take darren's word not mine :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
52mm will fit straight into the pod on the a pillar, 60mm needs a little bit trimmed round the hole (very easy) or inside the hole dependant on whether you want the gauge flush or proud.