What's new

How to fit mph converter

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
My first S15 was supplied by yourselves and that converter worked perfectly. I had a look which one it was and it looked far more substantial than the cheap ebay ones :)

I believe it was a 'Cartek' one?

Jez

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.h-dev.co.uk
I need a converter that definitely works with the S15. I've tried the small 4 wire (black, red, yellow + grey) converters and get the 50-70mph speedo problem mentioned above.

Which ones are known good?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Torque - Do you guys know if the new one you supply disturbs the speed signal entering the ECU? The one I have at the moment corrects the speedo display well, but the signal that gets sent to the ECU is about a third of actual speed.

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
Our converter sends the correct speed signal to the ECU. The speed signalling is different to that on most cars hence why a generic converter will generate the wrong signal.

Jez - the converters we use are calibrated to work perfectly with the S15. Give me a call/PM and we can get it sorted.

Mike

T

Toby

Many thanks for the Responce Torque GT. However, For the time being it is working, I used the Grey wire from the convertor to the Speedo plug head, instead of the green.

Lord knows how/why it work, but it does lol.

T

TOMMO_RH9

i have just purchased a converter from torque gt - one of the more expensive ones that is supposed to have no problems.
i am assuming that as Torque GT have been fitting these 'premium' versions and that previous ones supplied by them havent had any issues that i am supposed to wire it up as follows

(1) Cut the Signal wire - in this case the LIGHT GREEN WIRE in the white plug Torque GT described
(2) Connect yellow wire from converer to light green signal wire on speedo head connecter
(3) Connect Green wire from speedo converter to signal wire on speedo head connecter
(4) Connect Red wire to any 12v+
(5) connect black wire to any 0v -tive/earth
(6) insulate unused grey wire

IS THIS CORRECT OR DO PEOPLE SUGGEST I SWAP ACTIONS (3) and (6) AROUND - as in swap the colour of the wire used in those steps...???