What's new

ABS or not ?

DOM

Reaction score
Could anyone confirm what the black retangular box next to ecu is? I'm guessing it is the abs control unit.

DOM

Reaction score
thanks. what is the relationship between the abs control unit and the horn. can't seem to find a link in the wiring diagrams. it has sounded the horn (albeit randomly) when i handle the abs control unit.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
All s15's in ADM have their ABS control unit's on top of the ECU :)

ABS and horns don't interface but when you're playing with the ABS computer you're probably pulling on some wiring that, further down, grounds the horn wire which causes it to sound. Funny situation to be in lol

Reaction score
I'll take your word for it. I was going off the location specified in the ADM S15 workshop manual. :)
That is a bit confusing,the car diagram shows it in the boot but the actual close up drawing shows it in the passenger footwell.

It is attached to the side of the stock ECU ;)

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Nissan were lazy when doing the s15 FSM because they just reused a heap of s14 instructions and this part slipped through their QA reviews hehehe :)

DOM

Reaction score
this confused me, I could not find anything behind the rear seat area. at least we have establish where it is now.

I'm trying to wire up racelogic traction control. Has anyone successfully wired RLTC to an s15?

I'm failing to get a reading from the abs sensor or abs sensor ground. Also when I leave the racelogic connected to sensor wires on the abs control unit the car randonly sounds off an alarm with OEM horn.

Do you think it would be less likely to sound off the alarm if I soldered to the abs sensor ground? (don't want to experiement just yet as it annoyed the neighbours the last few times)

Last edited: