What's new

cat 1s

S

strut

Hello need a cat 1 alarm what is good with turbo timer function and who are good for fitting. Have spoke to gap but they cost more than most are they worth the extra. oh an is it worth having intellistart any help gratefully received :wave:

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
don't know anyone in england who are good at fitting but I'm sure there are a few places. Usually guys who do audio installs also do alarms.

The clifford 650 seems to be one of the best on the market and lots of optional extras on it. Aswell as the turbo timer & remote start I would recommend getting the blackjax fitted. it is an immobiliser that cuts the car after 30 seconds if the code isn't entered. Code is needed everytime the drivers door is opened. It is annoying at 1st and you will probably forget a few times but after a while you don't even think about it, you just do it. Clifford claim that no car with blackjax fitted has ever been stolen. There is also a Proximity sensor which protects the whole car & goes off if someone is too close to it for too long. (won't go off immediately as this would piss you off every time someone walked by it but if someone is beside it for a couple of second it lets out a warning beep & after a few warning it goes into alarm).

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'd check about Intellistart cos I believe this invalidates any Cat 1 approval (since you're basically starting the car remotely!!)...

Clifford 650 is the dogs as I've got a mate who's installed in once in his Supra and now in his FD :) Tilt sensor is also a good idea to stop those thieving little gypsies nicking your wheels lol?!

Reaction score
i had the concept 650 with tilt motion and glass detector.

can't fault the system at all..... but i can fault GAP! DO NOT USE! They didn't fit mine, but i know of the systems that've been fitted by GAP... ROUGH is an understatement!!!!!! Find a reputable installer from locals, forums and friends are best place to ask.