What's new

Stereo Problem

T

TrIcK^

dropped a headunit in today but a slight problem being there is nothing to fix it too. I think I must be missing a mounting bracket as there is nothing to affix the headunit too. Anyone able to clarify this and point me in the right direction? :)

Reaction score
There should be a cage that the aric con is also attached to, this comes out of the dash and then you should be able to screw the cage to the head unit on either side.

T

TrIcK^

Nope, no cage fitted as per pic below. Also seems to be an odd electrical gremlin present. With the stereo fitted, the underbonnet 10a fuse blows while switching to main beam, the stereo goes off then back on but Im left without main beam or dash lights.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you will have to make a bracket up then... You will need a 2 right angle brackets one for each side with the cut out to go round the lug between the two screws, use the four screw holes above the aircon unit to secure it... you will also need to attach your ground to this bracket or to another suitable good ground as the loom doesnt have a ground connection. (could that be why your fuse is blowing perhaps?)

T

TrIcK^

you will also need to attach your ground to this bracket or to another suitable good ground as the loom doesnt have a ground connection. (could that be why your fuse is blowing perhaps?)
Does it not? Im sure there was a wire that gave a ground reading and I actually wired that in. Could be i found the problem :|

edit: disconnected that wire and the fuse no longer blows :wack: But On the power adapter I only have switch live and permanent live connected, but the stereo is working. Must be grounding through the Ariel.

Last edited:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to have been some help:)

Personally i would take the ground from the stereo and attach it to one of those dashboard struts you can see in your pic... Just to be safe..ground issues can do all sorts of wierd and wonderful stuff to electronics..

T

tmus

Just want to know the outcome of this?

did you manage to make a cage?

does anyone know where i can get the cage?, i guess Nissan but it'll probably cost loads, does anyone know?

Reaction score
Country
Just want to know the outcome of this?

did you manage to make a cage?

does anyone know where i can get the cage?, i guess Nissan but it'll probably cost loads, does anyone know?
x2

need to sort a cage out for my car soon!