What's new

wiring rb26dett to s15 spec s

Reaction score
hi there,

i´m a new member here and here is my first question :D.

my s15 spec s arrived germany a few weeks before. i replace the sr20de engine before 3 weeks and my new engine will arrive in 2 weeks.

i plan to place a rb26dett engine in my s15.

i saw that are would some peoples in austalia who did this swap. did anyone know the wiring diagram for this swap?

what wires i have to connect?

regards

M

Matt_S

LOTS of wires! You need to get busy with the wiring diagrams for both engines (and cars) and set about getting to know what wires do what and what you can get away with ditching.

M

Matt_S

That I have no idea.
I put an RB25 into an S13 years ago (2002) and it wasnt as bad as you think.
(ONCE you have the drawings!)

G

GUEST_JDM

wow have fun with that i helped put an rb26 into a 180 about 3 years ago n that wasn't much fun, if you can contact nissian blue in jap land they should be able to give you some diagrams as thats where we got ours

Reaction score
nissan blue oder nissian blue?

is that a company?

got the ecu pinouts. think this would be enough.

at the moment i put the r33 gts-t crossmember in it. now i´m still waiting for my new engine.

W

weyden

There are a few rb26dett,rb25 neo, rb30det s15's here in New Zealand too.

The wiring of any motor into a s15 is harder than a 180sx/s13/s14 (IMO).

The hardest thing to get around is the ABS (as the speedo runs off the ABS computer).
What i done was cut up my sr20det loom (cut off all the engine wires etc) and tapped the RB loom into it. Thus keeping all the ABS stuff and keeping the speedo working. (you can just make up a custom loom too if you want)

Here are some of the pinouts for the s15 side

This is all you need to get the motor running, how ever there are a coupple pins here that are different- Here are the correct ones.

Water Temp - Blue/White stripe (no dots) - Small pin
Tacho - Blue/Orange stripe - Small pin

All you need to do now is get the rb26 pinouts (easy to find) and match them up.
You will also need to use the s15 alt/started loom

Last edited:
Reaction score
really thanks for the answer.

the pinouts for s15 and rb26dett i have too. a good friend of me would wiring the engine for me, hope he will get it working.

Reaction score
I am in the process of installing the RB26DETT in my car but I am in need of an S15 ABS computer, can anyone help?

Reaction score
I am in the process of installing the RB26DETT in my car but I am in need of an S15 ABS computer, can anyone help?
What and where is that as i am removing the abs from my car on saturday to fit the wand :)

Reaction score
It is located right next to the ECU in the lefthand foot well, it bolts directly onto the ECU via bracketry. I am not sure but I think it affects the speedo, so I don't want that you remove it and sell it to me and then don't have a useable speedo. Can someone confirm if it affects the speedo by removing the ABS computer? As you remove the kick left kick panel it is there, a black box with two connectors going to it. Shipping will be to Trinidad in the West Indies, can probably label computer parts and send it over, postal code is TT. Let me know as soon as.

Jason.

Reaction score
I got a hold on the ABS computer. So wiring has already commenced, spent five hours yesterday run trunk and flooring wires and started on the dash. Will need help with ecu and main harness wiring.