What's new

Disconnected the battery

B

BOOSTED

Now the immobiliser/ remote central locking and cd player dont work :(

how do I fix them? I think the cd player needs a code or something, not sure why the immobiliser doesnt work

B

BOOSTED

ah come on help lol

I think it may just be the central locking since the light for the immobiliser comes on

Reaction score
I had this a while ago when my battery kept going flat I couldn't get the CD player working at all. I ended up replacing my battery cause it was fooked and the CD came on straight away cant explain why tho?, maybe something to do with how much power the battery has the only thing I could think of, not much help I know but if you could get your hands on a good battery maybe you could try swapping it out,just a thought

Minto..... nice one dude ha ha

B

BOOSTED

yeah the prob is it's the factory one, it works but it's "locked" and I need a code to open it.

I'm more worried about the central locking since that should still be working

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
If your battery is knackered, then it can cause all sorts of wierdness... Maybe worth trying to piggyback your battery with someone elses using jump leads and see if this fixes the issues? That would then rule in or out your battery being knackered without having to faf around ordering one and replacing it only to find that isnt the issue!

M

mouses200sx

Try checking all the fuses in the fuse box in the drivers side kick panel. If you have had a power surge due to battery issues or anything similiar then that may have blown some of the lower amped fuses. Is the car still starting? If so then there should be enough power in the battery to lock/unlock the doors and for the remote immobilizer to also work. Just an idea...hope it helped

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
I would like to first off say sorry for my reply, i was obviously in a smart ass mood lol :p I was with my mate Thacko when i wrote it and his reply was "mint.. your a dick lol!"

But anywho.. Here's my advice, Check all Fuse's in bay and cabin, Then try jump it off a mate and take it for a good run to allow the battery to charge on up. Turn it off and back on see if that works. All else failing, try a mate's battery see if that works, If so.. time for a trip to halfrauds