What's new

wiring gauges? HELP

Reaction score
hey guys need some help with wiring of swoosh gauges

red(b+) which is battery
black= ground
yellow(acc) which is ingtion
orange (ON,the car power line that will not be disconnected at start of engine) DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ONE

cant understand where or wat the yellow cable is for. and where is the best and easiest place in car to connect all the cables.

this is wat it says in instructions there are two ON power lines on regular cars ONE of them will be disconnected the instant the engine is started, the other will not. please make sure to connect the orange color ON wire in the instrument wires to the car power ON cord that will not be disconnected otherwise product will not fuction.:annoyed:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country

red(b+) which is battery
black= ground
orange (ON,the car power line that will not be disconnected at start of engine) DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ONE

cant understand where or wat the yellow cable is for. and where is the best and easiest place in car to connect all the cables.

this is wat it says in instructions there are two ON power lines on regular cars ONE of them will be disconnected the instant the engine is started, the other will not. please make sure to connect the orange color ON wire in the instrument wires to the car power ON cord that will not be disconnected otherwise product will not fuction.:annoyed:
No idea what the "On" is supposed to go. My gauges (Greddy) connected the same way, but instead of "on". there was a wire going to the interior lighting so the stalk controlled the lights in the gauges.

I connected everything to the Loom to the stereo except the ground which I ran separately.

Reaction score
Country

red(b+) which is battery
black= ground

i had installed a boost gauge a few ago and ran into the same problem. I left it disconnected and noticed that the gauge doesnt' go into 'night' lighting mode when i turn the head lights on. i haven't tried connecting the wire to the headlights yet, so i can't be for sure yet if that's where it goes.

don't you hate it when you by something (ecspecially stuff from china) and the instructions are written in really poor english???:confused:

N

nices15man

if it is an illumination wire the easiest way to hook it up is (im guessing most of us have aftermarked cd decks in our cars) to pull out your deck and splice it straight into the orange wire coming out of you deck (also guessing its been hooked up properly) :)

aftermarket decks are all colour co-ordinated the same so black is always earth, blue is always your remote and so on..

hey yakozan, do you ever get any distortion or engine noise through your speakers?
ive heard this from people when hooking up the defi controller straight into the deck wires..?

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country

hey yakozan, do you ever get any distortion or engine noise through your speakers?
ive heard this from people when hooking up the defi controller straight into the deck wires..?
no, nothing at all. I think that I suffered from some bad reception last year which caused some distortion. But I'm not sure as I haven't driven the car since oktober (ice, snow and alot of salt and gravel on the roads around here this time of year.) But I installed the gauges years ago with no problems at all. The bad reception bit appeard last year. Could have been in the RX7 though. Can't really remember :wack:

Reaction score
no, nothing at all. I think that I suffered from some bad reception last year which caused some distortion. But I'm not sure as I haven't driven the car since oktober (ice, snow and alot of salt and gravel on the roads around here this time of year.) But I installed the gauges years ago with no problems at all. The bad reception bit appeard last year. Could have been in the RX7 though. Can't really remember :wack:
was looking through turbo timer wiring harness and there is three power supplys IG AND BATTERY AND ACC i think i will connect my three cables here?

Reaction score
was looking through turbo timer wiring harness and there is three power supplys IG AND BATTERY AND ACC i think i will connect my three cables here?
think i have it sorted i found this information.
SAGA Installation
Printable view
Wiring for ALL SAGA gauges :
RED - Battery +
BLACK - Ground
BROWN - connect into sidelights or dimmer switch, this is to lower the gauge illumination at night
ORANGE & YELLOW - On the ignition switch there are normally 4 key positions as follows :
Position 1 - OFF
Position 2 - ACC connect YELLOW wire to this
Position 3 - ON here there are 2 wires, 1 will have no power when the engine is started
1 will retain power when the engine is started - connect ORANGE to this
Position 4 - START ENGINE