What's new

Almost ready for mapping..?

Reaction score
Country
Jez sets up the boost controller to reach the require boost for mapping, i found i needed to tweak it somewhat to keep it in the safety margins when running my high boost setting. My low boost setting comes in at 0.6 Bar and limits at 0.8 pretty much like stock and is what i use 80% of them time driving.

Useful info here on the Gredy Profec B spec II..

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=113522

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, I've not seen that thread on sxoc before :)

Thats exactly how I want my setting to be, with he high and low. Any chance you could post up your settings Jez for hi and lo?

Going to have a little tweek on the boost controller this week, now I know what the settings actiually do!

Reaction score
Country
LO Boost

Set 32%
Gain 10%
Set Gain 6.00
Warning 8.01
Limiter 5%

Needs tweaking though, i find its harder to get a smooth low boost setting than a solid high boost as it always tends to creep at upper rev ranges.

HI Boost

Set 61%
Gain 17%
Set Gain 1.00
Warning 1.2
Limiter 5%

You will forever be tweaking it though as when you set it right for one gear it wont work the same in the next. I find its best to tune it in 5th gear as this is the gear that tends to peak highest on boost during high revs than other gears. Also its under the most load (assuming you dont use 6th that much for had accelearting ...if so god knows what speeds your doing) so is most importing to make sure your not overboosting....just be very careful as you will be doing some pretty hefty speeds.

A decent boost gauge is a must as the Greddy's gauge isnt linear enough to acurately read from.

Its be great to hear from other people what settinsg they use and any tips as youd be suprised just how much difference the right setup can make.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, Cheers for that Jez. Once I've got my FMIC fitted I'll have a play around with the boost settings, but not going to go above 0.8 until I get the map sorted!

:)

Reaction score
wee question,
My apexi pfc landed last week ive not put it in.
Is there any advantage of plugging it in now? what i mean is, is that i have to get a boost controller and few other bits before i get it mapped. so is it worth putting in now r will i just wait till i am ready for the remap.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Wait till your ready for mapping I would have guessed, as the PFC will not have a map on it if its new..? And if it does have a map, it wont be right for your car..