What's new

Front Light Wiring / Fuses

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
For some strange reason whoever had my car in Japan decided it was a good idea to go for the ultimate chav look.

When I turn on my sidelights my front fogs come on, there are not even any bulbs in the sidelight holders.

This means that whenever I want my lights on I have to have my front fog light on and thats just :ghey: (unless it is foggy).

When I was checking out my intercooler I noticed that there were two bulb holders down by my front fogs, one was just hanging there.

Now I assume that someone has slpiced into my sidelight and run it to the front fogs, and just left the front fogs holder hanging there.

My front fog switch does nothing at all.

Anyone else has this?

I was trying to figure out how to stop the front fogs comming on by pulling out a switch for now, but cannot find any fuse that will stop them from working?

Does anyone know if there is a dedicated front sidelight fuse?

Going to get some sidelights tomorrow hopfully and try to get this sorted.

Thanks,

Darren

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hey darren, when you fit your fmic your fogs will be useless anyway - i just disconnected the plugs from the backs and taped them to make it waterproof. at least if you do it that way you can use your lights without fogs coming on. ive got fuse box diagrams at home, i laminated them and stuck them to the inside covers on the fuseboxes. i can look at those if you want and let you know, or even make some more up and send you some to fit if you like.....

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Hey mate,

Yeah I have looked at the fuse box diagram and could not figure out which ones were the front sidelights.

But a great idea about putting a copy in the car :D:nod:

Anyway got some sidelight bulbs and put them in today.

As I expected when I turned on the lights both the fogs and sidelights then came on.

So I took off some of the undertray and managed to pull the fogs off, finding a nasty bit of home made bodge where they have tapped into the sidelights.

When I do get around to the FMIC Ill sort the fogs out properly :)

Not sure why someone has done this to start with though...

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
darren- nothing worse than a jap chav eh lol
nicely- thanks for that, i'd forgotten where i got them from or thats what i'd of told darren:)