What's new

whats my boost gauge upto?

J

jappy-junk

Been trawling through the old posts but cant find any answers so a fresh look please people.

The boost gauge on mine intermitedly works, one minute its fine then sweeps upto 1 bar then back to 0 where it rests till a restart or a switch on and off on the move.

But today it has stayed dead in middle?

Is it something I need to clean or replace or should I just get a aftermarket one now?

M

Matt_S

Check the hose to it. If the needle is sitting in the middle (atmospheric pressure) then that indicates no feed to the solenoid.

M

Matt_S

Here's a pic of my engine bay. Drivers susp turret, little black box thing with the red hose going to it. The black box is the solenoid.

J

jappy-junk

got you, cheers matt!
Is your FMIC piping from a kit or custom as is that the standard battery just turned round and hole drilled through battery tray?

M

Matt_S

The FMIC kit is a GReddy one. Full hard pipes come with the kit. THe battery is a 'jap style' one - if you look at my for sale thread you might see the number on it. THe GReddy kit comes with a loom extender for the battery wires makign it a LOT easier to the battery twist/shift. THe charge pipe goes thro the battery tray as you can see.

N

nices15man

whaaat hey mat did your greddy intercoooler come with hard pipes for both sides?? ive only got the left side:confused:

M

Matt_S

The hot side pipe is a GReddy item aswell afaik. Its an additional optional part afaik. On the car when I got it. Just ally. Makes it all a bit neater. But it doesnt come with a boost take off again, so I had my Bro put one on for me.