What's new

BLITZ SBC i-Color Spec R

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Any of you guys had experience with one of these before? My best friend just got a Greddy Infometer (The new touch screen one) and its pretty good, if not damm fiddly.

Im looking at the BLITZ SBC i-Color Spec R. Not just for monitoring purpose but for the boost controller too. As i plan on tinkering with the engine over the next 6-8 months i was considering adding this to my wish list.

Thoughts?

S

StarletRick

i have one of these, its flipping awesome.

if you learn how to use it you can get a perfect peak boost. ive used a few EBC's and these are the best boost controllers you can get imo. its that dual solenoid, its just much better at managing boost.

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
i have one of these, its flipping awesome.

if you learn how to use it you can get a perfect peak boost. ive used a few EBC's and these are the best boost controllers you can get imo. its that dual solenoid, its just much better at managing boost.
Good to hear that mate. Was it an easy install?

S

StarletRick

yeah they just plug in dont they. easy wiring etc.

only crap bit is getting the wiring into the cabon and making it look tidy...

Reaction score
don't fancy an all singing, all dancing HKS EVC 6 do ya? ;)

I know nicely had problems with his solenoid on his blitz controller.... search of the thread about his boost spike! :)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
I could imagine the HKS system is better in regards to function however, general astetics im not a fan..

Nothing wrong with it i think id just prefer some mega bright in your face at night flashing strobes like on the Blitz and Greddy systems. lol

Reaction score
that's fair enough. i've gotta say, it does look better in life than pictures. but it certainly doesn't strobe! lol :)

S

StarletRick

ive used both, if you get the tune right on the blitz, its better than the hks unit.

my mate has the SBC in his 14. and when on the dyno 2 weeks ago the boost shot up to 0.89 bar and didnt move an inch, all the way to the redline. the tuner even commented on how perfect the boost curve was.

get the blitz one right, and its awesome.

and i mounted mine on the lower part of the dash to the left of the cwentre console.

Reaction score
Mint, ya have me interested with this Blitz SBC i-Color Spec-R. would ya be getting the extra pressure sensor, temp sensor and External Voltage Harness as well. I also want to start doing work to my car, not mad engine rebuilds r anything just few bits ere and there, Let me know if ya go for it and how it works out for ya..
Cheers bud..

J

j0nbubz

I've got the I-colour and have had it for over 6 months now.

To be honest, unless you purchase the extra sensors for oil pressure etc. I don't find it all that special (esp for the hefty price tag)

However, it is a great unit which undoubtedly holds boost very well. Relatively easy install.

Bad side? switching between low and high boost can be a somewhat pain compared to other ebcs.. like the Eboost2. It is a tad fiddly and people argue there are too many functions.. =P

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Dragging up a oldie here but di anything come of this?

Been looking at similar things myself, like the look of a well tidy and high spec'd centre console! Considering the i-colour and perhaps an r-vit to go with it - plugs into the diagnostics port and gives all sorts of information from the ecu, looks quite nice. Would remove my current double DIN headunit, replace with these two side by side then get a new headunit in a style that matches.

Also considered the HKS EVC 6, does the screen go black when not in use? Thought of the possibility of matching up an EVC 6 with the following headunit -

Both ideas appeal. As the EVC 6 dual solenoid aswell, couldn't really tell from the blurb on the HKS site :confused:

T

tripleJs15

i have the blitz, i tried greddy prfec and the hks ez, the blitz by far is the best for internally gated turbos, it holds great, build boost smooth and not instantaneous unless you set the gain to 100, i love it

wutang200

Reaction score
I've just bought the I-Color Spec R for £320 nearly new so will be getting it fitted soon. Will take a few snapshots of it and post em up here.

Also I might need someones help with setting it up if it's not too much trouble.

T

tefu

Bad side? switching between low and high boost can be a somewhat pain compared to other ebcs.. like the Eboost2. It is a tad fiddly and people argue there are too many functions.. =P
I use the map sensor on mine :D

easier.. I found it awesome for launch.... low boost on certain speed e.g. 40 km/h then raise it up as it goes faster (map it to speed)

or you can map it to rpm... but I found map it to speed is better.

This thing has 4 stages boost.

but for EBC alone, if you just need that, don't get this, it's overprice due to LCD colour etc. I rather get the normal EBC with a switch between high and low.

I wish there is a way to link it to my TV :D it will be awesome than having so many gauges. (like they have on the R34 GTR)

wutang200

Reaction score

easier.. I found it awesome for launch.... low boost on certain speed e.g. 40 km/h then raise it up as it goes faster (map it to speed)

but for EBC alone, if you just need that, don't get this, it's overprice due to LCD colour etc. I rather get the normal EBC with a switch between high and low.

I wish there is a way to link it to my TV :D it will be awesome than having so many gauges. (like they have on the R34 GTR)
Hi tefu, does the map sensor come as part of the package or does it need to be bought separately?

T

tripleJs15

but for EBC alone, if you just need that, don't get this, it's overprice due and low. to LCD colour etc. I rather get the normal EBC with a switch between high

What you mean you use the MAP sensor, I have the same EBC and using a MAP sensor standalone, very interested in seeing how you set up the launch control setup, thanks.

wutang200

Reaction score
I know what he means now:

Speed and tacho boost mapping - This unique feature allows the SBC i-Color to control boost according to the vehicle speed and rpm of the engine. Map boost control can be set up from a 2 stage to a 4 stage control, which allows the user to set boost according to his driving style.